Bionicle Survey

I would love to, but then again it’s twitter. So, I’m just gonna wish you all luck and stay as far away from it as I can

8 Likes

The final results of that vote are interesting.

13 Likes

Man… Ghid’s 317 alts did a great job

15 Likes

see? bionicle is popular.

6 Likes

Can’t help but notice this is divided by type of building experience (constraction, classic system vehicles/architecture, doll-canon arrangement, mechanical function/assembly). Wonder if they’re just gauging the market to determine which style to favor moving forward? Am I dabbling in a field I know nothing about? Am I seeing things that don’t exist? I do both of these sometimes

9 Likes

Both and neither. All are one. It’s the System at work. Believe its words inside your head.

In all fairness, it’s probably market research.

3 Likes

But consider this:

Unlimited sand Tarakava

3 Likes

Actually, that’s a really interesting observation. When I first saw the poll, I thought the themes chosen were oddly random. Now that I looked at it through that perspective, the themes chosen make a lot more sense. Perhaps they aren’t checking on the popularity of individual themes as much as they are checking the popularity of different building experiences.
Thanks a lot for pointing that out!

7 Likes

If that’s the case, I find it interesting that they’d specify “Bionicle”, rather than “constraction” as a whole.

I suppose Bionicle is the most well-known constraction theme, but a lot of people have very different opinions on Bionicle vs. constraction in general.

EDIT: Now that I think about it… does Lego know that? Does Lego know that “we want Bionicle” doesn’t just mean “we want constraction”?

I know that for some people it does, but for many others it means a return of the “Bionicle aesthetic” and/or a return of the worldbuilding/lore, and that’s what they were voting for here.

5 Likes

If I had to take a guess, I’d say no. I don’t think LEGO understands their fanbase well enough to know about all the divisions of what people want from a specific theme. They just look at the numbers, and whatever theme sells they’ll do more of. I don’t believe they really know nor care about the more nuanced reasons for why people like certain themes.

4 Likes