Bionicle: Takanuva - Toa of Light (LEGO IDEAS)

So this build was basically spawned from the intent to make a very simple, and inexpensive Bionicle LEGO Ideas set using mostly parts seen in circulation in recent years. Obviously the Avohkii and the staff piece are an exception to this but LEGO has made new molds for ideas sets before so It felt unnecessary to just 100% rule out the idea of a couple old pieces being included if they really help make the set feel the way it should. Right now it is at 224 parts, much less than the similar-ish build style 381 piece 76206 iron man set currently retailing at $39.99 on the LEGO website. The Avohkii mold might raise the price a tiny bit but generally I am aiming to make a sub-$40 ball jointed Bionicle figure that will hopefully draw purchases from beyond just our little community of dedicated bonk fans and reach the people who “had the red one” as a kid and remember Bionicle fondly even if they have forgotten about it over the years. I think this is very much possible due to the low price point and simplicity of the set. I am hoping LEGO will take that into account and decide to make it during the review process because of this and other factors. However first we must get to the review process, which means 10,000 supporters. If you would like to make this set a reality, I would really appreciate your support as well as any sharing of the link to the set as I do not have accounts on places like twitter or bz power or any sort of following on other social media places.

10 Likes

Ooh this looks pretty cool! Supported!

1 Like

He’s kinda chonky

4 Likes

oo fat boi
looks cool

1 Like

Thanks!

He’s buff.

3 Likes

keep telling yourself that

2 Likes

BUFF TAKANUVA IS CANON

2 Likes

I love this thing supported can u make more in the future cuz love the idea of brick built bionicles more and more every day since lego debuted the sccbs system

yeah it seems promising. depending on the rate of how quickly I gain supporters vs how quickly bricklink puts new sccbs related parts in studio may be able to use sccbs parts in future updates but at the moment I am limited by what studio can offer me

3 Likes