BIONICLE The Journey to One Speculation

To that effect, I really hope these episodes show the Toa actually USING their elements in unique ways, rather than just blasting horde enemies aside or creating cheesy colored lightning. I want to see Gali make tentacles out of water, or Kopaka fire icicles, or Tahu slashing out arcs of flame like a boss.

Basically, if the Toa use their elements in any way reminiscent of Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra, I will be one happy camper.

I agree. An awesomesauce, action-packed trailer would be great!

1 Like

That just seems excessive to me, considering we have the books and the animations and all that, and because 2015 had almost no substance to the story, it was literally “Stop LoSS, stop the skull dudes, stop Kulta, wake up Ekimu.” There was no character growth, no complex backstory, or anything.

1 Like

The Netflix series is a chance to give it substance, given the series is likely targeted at those joining the franchise at this point if they missed 2015.

Just because 2015 was a fairly simple storyline does not mean the adaptation to Netflix needs to be the same. The show can dive into aspects left unexplored or undeveloped by the other media.

• Explain backstory
  • Develop characters
  • Improve upon action sequences
  • Allow for character interactions
  • Larger focus on ‘finding the masks’
  • Etc…
1 Like

The animation style is surprising. Kind of like the banner art we got in the announcement but not quite. I can’t solidify my feelings on it just yet, but it’s not bad… not bad at all.

1 Like

Yes, I do like Adventure Time, but 11-minute episodes won’t work for a series which only has four episodes confirmed.

7 Likes

OH GOSH! OH GOSH NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Thats good, the bionicle fandom can be downers at times.

[quote=“BlueCel, post:5645, topic:15529, full:true”]
I personally wouldn’t, the realistic textures suits better, and the style in the Netflix show is 11/10 god tier. Imo
[/quote] yup

5 Likes

Imagine how cool all those transparent pieces would look like in an adventure time animation style, but the animation it appears journey to one will use also looks cool

1 Like

They wouldn’t look cool for me, again this is getting off topic.
I’m sure there is a journey to one topic.

2 Likes

I wonder if kopaka will slip in 2016 or if he’ll fire his stud blaster the wrong way. Do umarak’s legs have any stability issues?

2 Likes

I want Gali to actually make bad jokes, and Onua to be a bit of a Snorlax.

1 Like

I mean this in the least-snarkiest way possible: I can’t tell if you’re joking or not.

3 Likes

Now that would be just naive from Kopaka. Kopaka is clumsy, not noobie.

Anyway, after watching Jangbricks review on Potato, I like him more than I initially did, if there is one thing that Jang does right is Posing them in actually cool ways.

1 Like

I hope bionicle’s netflix show ends up becoming kind of like adventure time where they have 11 minute episodes air each week

Why not 22 minutes? and that is not how netflix…works…

OMG so evil.

4 Likes

Having 11 minute episodes allow them to get a lot done in a certain time frame and that means less commercials when compared to a 22 minute tv show that’s split up like this( 7 minutes, then ads, 7 minutes then ads, 7 minutes). You could watch an entire 11 minute episode and not have to watch any ads through out the episode so that means you can see as much storyline/content as possible

1 Like

But there are no ads on Netflix…

3 Likes

I dont care about commercials. longer episodes would be preferred. I mean, if I had it my way the episodes would be 44 minutes long.

indeed/

3 Likes

I don’t use netflix, I watch things on youtube or on tv. Besides adventure time has a deep storyline and is super successful

Than again if they do end up making a show in CN it would be eh…because Ninjago gets loong episodes. And also don’t expect that for the moment, netflix original shows are released with all their respective episodes the same day.

Loneg episodes FTW, and watching ads is fun, you can make fun of the people that appear there on tv

1 Like

I hope the animation style would be like adventure time if bionicle ever got a show on cartoon network