Bionicle The Thing

A true favorite movie The thing was the main inspiration for this build

24 Likes

This is horrifying in a successful way. Very odd parts selection, but that’s not a negative. It was clearly curated to evoke that jarring horror aesthetic, and it delivers. I have never seen this movie but I’m getting the atmosphere of it through your build, and that, to me, is excellent visual literacy on your part.

10/10!

1 Like

Oh gosh this moc certainly looks disturbing enough. I’ve gotta say you’ve pretty much nailed the design

1 Like

huh, neat use of the Darth Maul head.

1 Like

Excellent moc! What are those red tentacle pieces?

1 Like

Are those tentacle parts official or are those from Neo Shifters?

1 Like

Neo shifters, they worked perfectly

1 Like

Now I have good reasons for not watching the movie… An excellent MOC, though! I like how you made the Bionicle parts feel organic!

1 Like

horrifying - but in the good way!

1 Like

Would love to see some close up detail pics here. The Thing is one of my favourite movies and I honestly think that you did it massive justice here. Really want to see some glamour shots though :wink:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Lovely :smiley: This really is an awesome build. Now we need Bionicle MacReady to save the day.
Now I’m thinking what would happen if it did invade the Bionicle universe O_O Would it even be able to take over them due to the mechanical components?
Either way scary thought haha

2 Likes

Would it be something already understood by OoMN and the Makuta due to its virus/parasite-like nature?

1 Like

I’d say no because it’s a new virus, but I’m sure once makuta finds out about it there’s gonna be major trouble

@Alucia Their biomechanical beings, all the metal would fall off and it’ll be a mass of mutated biomass, it’ll be quite the spectical to see a horde of “infected” to be running the islands

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

3 Likes

Like the horror theme

1 Like

I know I’ve already said this, but neat use of the Hakann spine, it’s not a piece that gets creative use much.

2 Likes