Bionicle Zombies

Back in some time period I don’t care, Marvel made Marvel Zombies, a tale about how the entire marvel universe gets zombified and makes you hate every single hero or villain ever and is also really gross and stupid.

A six year old came up with the concept, I’m certain.

So here I am, the intelligent unaffiliated high emperor of stuff and things, asking you what a similar story with Bionicle might look like. Any thoughts? Feel free to comment about how intelligent and genius I surely must be for having such a great idea.

3 Likes

kinda sus
but i don’t think i’d like it
don’t know why
just don’t

1 Like

premise: the red star starts sending people back thanks to gaardus’ interference… as Zombies. OOooOooOOoooOOooOooOo so scary and original.

regardless those Zombies begin chowing down on the organic brain matter of other MU inhabitants, starting with some iconic Matoran to make the reader feel angry, then onto lesser characters being swarmed by greater numbers. the Makuta would have the easiest time defending themselves, and the situation becomes so dire organizations like the OoMN and Artakha are forced to intervene.

whether they succeed or fail is up to how much money the writers want to make. regardless, the answer to your question is you wouldn’t like it because it is dumb.

I mean very smart because I came up with it.

This would definitely involve the red star in some way. In fact I’m fairly certain this is what Greg meant when he said people revived by the red star would come back “different”. I mean obviously they wouldn’t be true blue zombies, but they’d probably be pretty similar.

2 Likes

BobtheDoctor27 wrote this really cool fan serial about zombie Toa Metru, it’s worth a read.

2 Likes

I know why: it’s because it’s a terrible ■■■■■■■ idea. I mean, having zombies in Bionicle lore wouldn’t be bad in and of itself, but something like Marvel Zombies is so tryhard edgy that it just becomes perplexing. Why bother? What does this accomplish? Ok, everyone’s a flesh-eating zombie now, so what? There’s a reason why Ghid described the premise thus:

2 Likes

The psychological horror aspect and the ‘what will the heroes do now that they are zombies and etc’ concept ended after magneto was zombified. Then the zombies decided to travel the multiverse in order to feed even more, and at that point the story was over.

What would be interesting with Bionicle specifically is seeing how far the influence of being a zombie goes - if Matoro was a zombie, would he still attempt to be a hero? Would destiny still play out in spite of his ‘demise’ and fall from grace? And granted, zombie crisis isn’t the only plot device this could occur in by any means, but seeing as the marvel zombies writers attempted to do something similar after people stopped reading the brain-dead (see what I did there please laugh I need the clout) story and they needed to keep their jobs, it’s at least partially relevant to the topic.

Have the head honcho zombie team up with Maxilos to get at the organics

Matoro

uhh… yeah

My thoughts exactly

For the love of all things that are holy, don’t let either Brutaka or Bitil get infected. If Brutaka gets infected; that’s pretty much the end of every single dimension he could travel to using his Olmak. As for Bitil; he could use his Mohtrek to bring hundreds versions of himself to the present time, infect them, and then send them back to their time. That would also make it so that there is simply no possible way that everyone doesn’t get infected.

Also, keep Kopaka and everyone wearing an Akaku safe. Because I’m pretty sure they would get the hideousgorgeousfeatures of @Ghid’s avatar.

4 Likes

At least, his current one…

Really good read. Hope we get an ending.

2 Likes

Would be cool but is unlikely due to it being from 2013- 8 years ago

1 Like

I mean look at the time gap between the publishing of To Kill A Mockingbird and Go Set A Watchman. It’s never too late for a sequel I guess.

I get what you mean though.

2 Likes

Yeah. But i kinda hope it could get a continutation. But it might be really short.

1 Like

We need to start continuously spamming BobTheDoctor27 to write a sequel. That way our voice will be heard.

4 Likes

@Ghid dear mata nui, If ANYONE AT ALL gets infected it would result in the destruction of everything

EXPLANATION: If a toa, such as Iruini was infected, he would probably be able to use his kanohi, his toa powers, god forbid nova blasts, and any weapons he has, so all-in-all, pretty bad for life

1 Like

The Toa having to deal with losing themselves to primal instincts but overcoming them in the end and proving that they have what it takes to be heroes? Never heard this before.