Bionicles in... cold climate

I got snow yesterday, and I definitely wasn’t going to waste it. My hands went numb for some of these pictures, so I hope you like them.

Summoning a blizzard

Basic picture

Taking a break

Having a gold old time

Ready for battle

Here’s snow in your eye

Not sure if this one turned out

Don’t challenge a toa of ice in the snow

35 Likes

Wow these look really cool ha ha I am so funny to bad it’s nearly impossible to do a stop motion in the snow, with the toa using the snow.

1 Like

hahaha you’re so funny Krelikan I totally won’t come and rip your spine out of your body for this.

3 Likes

@Eilrach Your creativity amazes me

@Winger It’s the most ironic thing. Two days ago I was liking your reply that complained about not getting snow. The next day it snows where I live.

3 Likes

Ooo I like the “Ice Spires” in that last pick. Very…cool.

4 Likes

PLEASE

Just … stop.

6 Likes

Yeah sure. When heck… freezes over.

6 Likes

@Ghid please end this wormfaced slug

1 Like

why would I end someone I am proud of

snow way, winger

5 Likes

Pretty good posing for (almost) unmodified Mata.

I particularly like the one where Tahu has melted a hole in the snow - reference to that line from the Hapka book?

If it’s any consolation, @Winger, I never get snow where I live. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I pretty much forgot about the extra gear I put in. I guess it could be a reference if you want it to be, but that wasn’t intended. Your name is ironic.

2 Likes

@Krelikan ITS SNOWING

6 Likes

Congratulations Winger. I genuinely hope it’s enough for a photo shoot. You are now a traitor to all of your old snowless allies.

4 Likes

Looks like I’m apart of snow gang now.

3 Likes

no it stopped :frowning:

4 Likes

Oof that sucks man.

3 Likes

Well what do you know, it snowed again… sort of. It’s more like a thick sheet of white ice, but cool for photos nonetheless.

Unfortunately my procrastination has caught up to me, and some of the featured MOCs haven’t yet received their own dedicated topic yet. Consider this a teaser.

Ceblerack

Trees covered in ice open up some cool potential.

A Yearning Soldier

He will be worthy of the blades.

This one is a little ironic.

A Small Mystery

And who is this strange being? What’s behind the dark eyes? What secrets lay beneath the cloak?

Their names will be known in good time

These photos were fun to take, but they weren’t easy. The ground is one big ice rink, and so any slope is challenging. I might take more tomorrow, or maybe even tonight when it’s dark. I find that I have a lot of motivation to use weather to my photographic advantage until that weather actually comes.

6 Likes

Ooh very cool photos

2 Likes

Here’s some of my own pictures.
For the first time in a couple of years it’s actually snowing and it’s not just a thin layer of ice.

Still hardly enough snow though.

5 Likes

This describes my motivation patterns, but for everything. =P

The photos look great, and I think you incorporated the icy tree(s) really well. That ice actually kind of steals the show.

I could do something similar given the current weather in my area, but it’s also, like, -2 F outside, so I’m not gonna. =P

3 Likes