Biotube greats (2007)

I wanted to see if anyone else has heard of some of these smaller bionicle channels from and also appreciate them these being bcfal,166eric, wattai, and jaller

1 Like

Welcome dude!
By jaller do you mean the Jaller? Because I wouldn’t call that a small channel-I’m sure Jallerlocobot has got lots of exposure. But yeah Jaller is the only one I know of-amazing channel and the pinnacle of Biotube comedy IMO plus it’s one of the few channels to stay true to their word and instead of fading away they actually providing a satisfying final send off.
I’ll have a look at those other channels you mentioned!

1 Like

Watatti’s stop motion fight scenes hold up to this day. They’ve got some incredibly creative uses of cinematography and every-day props. His films are proof that you don’t need a massive lavishly detailed recreation of an in-universe BIONICLE location or a buttery-smooth frame-rate to make a great action set-piece.

I vaguely recall coming across a music video set to Move Along by 166eric when I was a kid. Interestingly, I never actually watched the much-loved Canister Wasteland when I was younger (and only came across it later when I dove into the wider BIONICLE fandom back when these message boards started circa. 2014). Of course 166Eric’s original channel has been lost to time (maybe he got one too many music copyright strikes or something). I highly recommend that people check out both Canister Wasteland shorts; they’re great. Also, here’s a link to 166Eric’s Eurobricks account that I stumbled across while researching the videos for this forum post.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane @Gugeer

3 Likes

if you havent watched the entirety of the hydros chronicles then you should

2 Likes

Man I forgot how good canister wasteland 2 was.

I think I just found my favorite bionicle stop motion, in fact it makes me really want to make one right now.

But how could we not talk about this,

You’ve seen it, I’ve seen it we all saw it

Edit: OML I FORGOT THAT NUPARU SOUNDS SOLID SNAKE

1 Like

Fall of Virtues is also one of my favorites, It still holds up pretty well to this day. Pretty exciting that the same person who made it teased a CGI sequel for it.

1 Like

And must we not forget the waste disposal series

5 Likes

I’ve never delved much into 2007 BioTube. I will check out some of these recommendations.

2 Likes

Waiting on the third waste disposal ever since.

3 Likes

I’m so happy that the guy is still making number 3. The quality of animation is just incredible, one of the best I’ve seen on YouTube.

4 Likes

REVIVING BIONICLE IS THE BEST OF BIOTUBE

4 Likes

Indeed

Canister Wasteland 2 is kino. I appreciate 166Eric and Watatti’s simple yet iconic videos, I wish they kept making videos. 166Eric’s technique with the metru build helps tremendously with articulation, especially in a video featuring two Toa leap and swing so many times.

I got similar vibes when watching AlexNo’s stop-motion videos https://youtu.be/mT0Y84wfnvQ
https://youtu.be/JnpwoNJM5d0