Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

I feel like they should really do a story far along into the future after G1’s end. We never got to explore the Great Being’s too much. Maybe the Toa and Matoran launch from the planet and explore the solar system. Kind of like Robot Star Trek in terms of exploration. Who knows the ruins or bio organic life that still exist in the rest of the solar system.

2 Likes

I don’t think a biological ship would serve Bionicle as well as it serves examples like Farscape or Lexx, where the biological nature of the vessel acts as a contrast to the characters. By having biomechanoid characters, you sort of remove the point of a biomechanoid ship. Instead of being an unusual contrasting point, it’s unremarkable.

2 Likes

There might be a 4th virtue! /s

4 Likes

Wh

what.

3 Likes

y’know he’s got a point

4 Likes

Some news that might interest Biovival followers:

LEGO World Builder is a new platform now open for users to submit and collaborate on concepts for LEGO worlds / themes. (You submit art, backstory, characters etc.) Those that capture LEGO’s attention can be made into actual themes.

Crucially, past / existing LEGO IPs like BIONICLE are allowed.

You are welcome to create and expand upon worlds based on existing LEGO-owned franchises and IP, such as Ninjago or LEGO Friends, however, worlds may not contain third-party IP (like Harry Potter or Game of Thrones). Use your imagination!

Is it a coincidence that Faber has been talking about wanting to bring back BIONICLE, hinting vaguely at fan collaboration, then the exact platform that would allow LEGO to bring this into their workflow officially is announced? Perhaps, but who knows. :thinking:

14 Likes

Bro, if Faber doesn’t use this, I absolutely will.

6 Likes

Now this is very interesting. I’m not sure if there’s definitely a connection, but this is very cool nonetheless.

2 Likes

Worldbuilding is Faber’s specialty, so he could absolutely utilize this to great effect.

5 Likes

The question is, how much is he against making toys, since he is quite a “save the enviroment” type.

2 Likes

Not to dash anyone’s hopes or anything, but given the language he’s used around the old sets, like how these parts are precious and that they’ll never be made again, I think he’s made it fairly clear that he doesn’t intend for there to be a toyline attached to this, whatever it may end up being.

6 Likes

I have the same feeling, especially since his “toys on the beach” reddit post.

1 Like

That is explored in a fan comic named Bionicle Nova Orbis

1 Like

Really?
Sounds interesting.:+1:

1 Like

It explores a far future where the matoran expanded to other planets and have evolved to be more organic after joining with the agori. Most of the cast is new but some old characters like Ahkmou return. Especially with Macku and Hafu being turaga.

2 Likes

New Instagram post about the Unity engine, with a little tease at the end.

now we have Unity so next is duty and destiny, if you have the patience​:wink::grinning::moyai::robot::rocket:

3 Likes

Question is, who will make a Duty and a Destiny Engine? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

4 Likes

If that is something that he is concerned about, I would think he would be pretty cool with Lego, given their recent environmental and sustainability initiatives.

However, there may be other reasons he is against toys. Maybe he just wants to focus on the story. Or maybe Lego is willing to let him use their IP, but they won’t invest in toys. Of course, that assumes that this is Bionicle-related.

Altogether, I don’t think we can expect toys for this, for whatever reason.

@RonimusPrime

He is involving Lego because this is their IP, not necessarily because he wants to make sets. This could not be ‘true’ Bionicle if it is not approved by Lego. However, Lego does not need to be involved beyond this point.

It would certainly be a unique situation, with Lego ‘producing’ (read: approving Faber’s story) a storyline without any sets, but Lego would have no obligation to invest any money towards producing or marketing the story. This does not need to be a ‘Lego theme’.

Just think of how the serials worked after G1’s discontinuation. The Bionicle theme was officially discontinued by Lego, and no sets were made. But Greg Farshtey still needed the seal of approval from Lego for the new story.

2 Likes

Here’s something new: Christian Guldberg Faber on Instagram: "Legends don’t dissapear, they change, evolve and survive because they hold the very core of life. A 450 million years survivor #horseshoecrab A reallife #missinglink #biovival"

2 Likes

Tbh I’m more hyped for Rebel Nature than Biovival