Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

My YT “news channel”: Rebel Nature confirmed to be AMAZING?!?!?!

I mean, that’s a good choice of music. A Momentary Lapse of Reason catches a not insignificant amount of somewhat-deserved flak, but it’s got some bangers; and Learning to Fly is one of them.

1 Like

I know this this post was taken a few Months ago but… in the poll why was there no Option for a G2 Continuation

anyways has the Project even doing any these days? sort of hope it ain’t dead at least

1 Like

I think it’s just as dead as Faber’s attempts to jump into NFT market. Not touching this rotting carcass

4 Likes

Wait, did that actually happen? I made a joke about Faber turning his project into NFTs once, but I didn’t realise that it was an actual thing lol:

Well, now all the leftover breadcrumbs of faith I had in this entire Biovival deal are finally gone. As soon as someone associates themselves with the NFT scam, I lose all respect for them

6 Likes

He talked a lot about the supposed advantages of NFTs for artists to monetize their work with in his interview with TTV. After some responses in the comment section he said he will do further research on the topic, but I don’t remember him rowing back about his stance on the matter.
I also don’t know whether he actually created NFTs.

4 Likes

I’m tapping out of this topic as well, Faber just constantly advertises Rebel Nature in his cryptic posts

1 Like

at this point in time the nft craze is so popularized that even people who don’t necessarily approve of the concept will make a couple of nfts just for some quick cash. however faber did seem a fair bit invested past the point of being a relatively uninvolved party.

6 Likes

It’s honestly annoying to me how a few of the big creatives I follow got sucked into that idea. I’m a huge Jim Lee fan and even he started getting into it. Its not like it’s THAT big of a deal (environmental problems notwithstanding) but its just so… irritating.

But yeah, I have kind of given up hoping for anything from this, though I’ll still passively check every now and then. No point getting upset over it one way or another in my opinion

2 Likes

With regards to Faber and NFTs, to be fair to him it was very early on in the lifecycle of it all. I think he was talking more about an idea than reality. Especially given how, like the rest of this project, nothing seems to have materialised from it.
I’m about as much of a Faber apologist as it gets in this thread, but in all seriousness? This thread has been going for over three and a half years, and there’s still exactly the same stuff that there was then - some cool concept art on Faber’s instagram.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the cryptonicle nft cartoon

1 Like

Faber posted EVA girls.

Also got into NFTs.

Faber Bionicle Revival 1.0 You may (not) buy

4 Likes

Congratulations

2 Likes

I’m not sure Biovival was even a glint in his eye when this was made, but hey.

5 Likes

Honestly it really bugs me out that the Piraka can just take off their spines and faces

1 Like

So wait, biovival was just Faber posting G2 concept art?

4 Likes

From the newest video it looks like it, but what’s strange about that is that Faber wanted to wait with these sketch posts until he received an official okay from Lego, so why did he post those apparently before that?

1 Like

Was Biovival even a thing then?

1 Like

More an idea than anything concrete I guess

1 Like

We know Bionicle is very important to Faber, so if this was just him posting his G2 Concept art does anyone think it was just a way to keep bionicle alive?
Like, if he posted a cryptic doodle with something vaguely bionicle-related as a caption, people would keep talking about Bionicle, at least for a while longer

4 Likes