Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Because LEGO knows I have no soul and will laugh at this poorly integrated cultural trend?

Don’t do that.

You don’t know what you’re starting.

4 Likes

instagram hashtag activity go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

3 Likes

If he hasn’t been able negotiate rights yet, due to the pandemic delaying meetings, then his idea might turn out to be either BIONICLE or OC, depending on whether he gets the right to the name he wants. (Which is what I say in the bit you quoted.)

Smoke effects having a big top wispy bit and a smaller bottom wispy bit is just because that looks good aesthetically.

It also happens that the same logic applies to fictional island maps. Any further similarities are brought by the viewer.

1 Like

Really? Because it sure reads like “this is going to be an OC which is definitely what he’s saying and he definitely didn’t already have a backup name in case the deal fell through”

Because Racie’s statement makes more sense here:

And probably also to say he couldn’t get the name Bionicle

Call it what you like, but when they’re proportioned the same, are the same sizes as the original in comparison to each other, and is being used in a fanbase and fandom where the shape of the island is one of the most memorable portions of the entire line… Either a completely inane coincidence occurred or it was 100% intentional.

And something tells me Faber wouldn’t not sneak an easter egg in if he had the opportunity.

4 Likes

Y’all need to chill and really step back for a moment. Should Faber be less vague and cryptic about whatever he is/was working on? Yes. But those who are angry at him for not bringing Bionicle back have no one but themselves to blame. People need to get their expectations in check.

Like, he hasn’t worked for Lego for many years now. Expecting him to bring Bionicle back is simply delusional, no matter what he posted on his social media.

11 Likes

Except for the part where he wants people to think he’s bringing bionicle back.

When the guy who might actually have the ability to bring bionicle back, says he’s going to bring it back, and then doesn’t, people get upset.

5 Likes

When and where did he literally say in clear words he is bringing it back?

2 Likes

What size comparison? Mata Nui and Okoto have never appeared in an image together. They’re not even the same generation.

Yeah, which is why I can remember that Mata Nui isn’t the same shape as that random blob of smoke.

2 Likes

When did he say he won’t?

1 Like

He’s said nothing clearly. That’s the entire ■■■■■■■ problem.

2 Likes

When he said that nothing was confirmed like 50 times in his 14b2020 stream

5 Likes

So clearly not Faber? What makes you think he would have this ability lol, he isn’t even an Advance employee anymore

3 Likes

And, y’know… The person advertising Bionicle 2.

We’re not looking to bring Bionicle back, we’re looking at the spiritual successor. In theory. Because it may or may not actually exist and Liutenant Faber of the cryptic navy is neck-deep in water and where we’re going, we don’t need buoyancy.

I’m never gonna stop saying “where we’re going, etc.”

By the way guys, here’s a brand new logo of the word Bionicle. Did I mention I’m in business talks?

Now watch as this statement is destroyed systematically with facts and logic. :sunglasses: :boom: :100:

In the stream for the project he is advertising to be Bionicle 2.
Welcome to Nintendo Direct- what? news? I don’t know what gave you that idea.

3 Likes

In the stream he was going to clear up his intetions with the project HE NEVER SAID FROM THE START that the project would neccesarily end up as a Bionicle reboot.

1 Like

Yeah because the guy that hasn’t worked for Lego for years, isn’t an Advance employee anymore, has no legal power to do anything with the brand, says some vague fortune cookie esque inspirational quotes about *potentially* reviving the spirit of Bionicle for 2 years without any result, we should all set our expectations reeeaaaally high and now that it’s finally catching up to us that he might not be able to bring Bionicle back we should be really upset because it’s all his fault >:(

3 Likes

Look, man, I never said I was gonna try to kill you. I’m just standing over you with a knife in my hand, what are you acting all defensive about? It’s not my fault you thought I was being hostile.

I’m not actually threatening anyone here, don’t panic.

You’re leaving out the part where he said he was in business talks, with companies.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter because the only company he should talk to is Lego and as far as I know that never happened.

Also did he even talk to anyone? (legit asking) I remember he said about planning to talk to companies during his stream, but all those plans got cancelled due to covid.

1 Like

My wording made me seem angrier than I am, I just wanted to know where you got that info from

Which is why he advertised it as Bionicle, made tons of posts saying it was Bionicle, literally put out a logo that literally spelled out the word BIONICLE in big bold text…

You seem to be ignoring a lot of what I’ve said thus far.

I’ll sum it up for you.

Bionicle but back again? no
Bionicle 2? yes

Means and resources? yes
Legitimate connections now strengthened by media presence? yes
A vague advertising campaign drizzled with Bionicle 2 language? yes
Attempting interviews with Bionicle community figures to discuss? yes
Attempting business deals solely on the topic of Bionicle 2? yes
Making 60% of his online presence about Bionicle 2? yes
Saying, doing, acting, or breathing in a manner that contradicts his entire existence in the last two years being a massive neon sign pointing towards Bionicle 2? no.

I’m thinking there’s some preconceived notion about what exactly he’s not doing that’s perhaps skewing your perception of events. I’d like to know where, in the absolute lack of transparency provided into what he’s selling, Faber gave you that particular notion.

6 Likes

He said he was talking to companies.
Lego is a company.
How does it not matter?.

Exactly. You don’t know. No one does.

Sorry, I’m not attacking you specifically. I’m just tired of people saying “he never said he was going to bring it back.”. No, he’s just done everything in his power to make people believe that.

4 Likes