Blaster Combo Build

Say hello to an even less complex moc. This moc isn’t even a person, though I did build one to “showcase” it.

The figure has n custome anything, as you can see. Just a phantoran body and the best fitting limbs for the occasion. There is some armor, but what you see in this photo is all he has, nothing fancy on the back, for a reason.

Here is his headset. It comes with above head protection and functions as a visor in bad weather conditions, a target assist sight that syncs up with his tactical launcher, and a microphone for communications. My original plans were to make a cooler and more complex strike force of some kind, but I ran out of time in general.

Here is the highlight of the build. It’s a tactical launcher, not a blaster or gun, as the ammunition doesn’t achieve nearly the velocity as a bullet weapon. It merely fires projectiles, chosen by the handler. The gun can only fire 2 out of 3 slots at a time, however, because the thornax launcher gets in the way with the Nynrah Ghost Blaster projectile. For added functionality, one of his hands actually fires the Zamor Sphere launcher by moving the piece it is attached to forward.

Here is the launcher by itself. The armor plate on the bottom has an attached blue pin to allow a figure to grip it. It also allows for some protection when it is attached to his back, which is the second function of the red pin, as well as a sight for the launcher.

The launcher detached. Simple, but originally the thornax launcher attached didn’t work. I had to modify the blaster, using a file to shorten the connection point so that it held a sphere.

Close-up of where the blaster was filed down.

A size comparison between the modded and unmodded sides.

Here’s how it fits on to his back. Sticks out a bit much, but being compact was a bit of a problem, so it stays that way.

My next moc to be posted to the Boards will have more style, time, effort, and colors put into it. And there will again be some extra appendages involved. See you all around.

15 Likes

He looks really good holding the gun, and once again the gun is definitely the highlight!

Still want to see a big guy with a cannon arm, though. :laughing:

1 Like