Blocked user's posts still count to unread

This is something that kinda annoys me, the whole point of blocking/ignoring is that you don’t receive any notifications or see any of their posts, so i don’t know why you still have to read them to set a topic to “read”
Granted, the unread symbol is grey when there’s a blocked user’s posts in there you haven’t read- but i’d personally prefer it if i didn’t have to see any indication of the posts at all. Not only this, but an Ignored user’s topics still show up on the front page.

Can this somehow be fixed?

3 Likes

wait a minute zork who’ve you been blocking and ignoring

it’s me isn’t it

2 Likes

I refuse to say who, for more than obvious reasons
although don’t rule out the possibility of it being you

5 Likes

You could just potentially not block the user.

Yeah I know, ‘Ghid the contrarian’, but if there’s a particular problem user who’s irritating you, making it look like they don’t exist to you isn’t going to change anything except whether or not you’re irritated by them. It’s not always possible, but sometimes you need to see if there’s a way to resolve your differences with other people more than just once or twice; everyone changes more frequently than they realize.

And if it’s anything more serious than an irritation, staff is on hand to help.

6 Likes

You could read all the other topics and click “dismiss unread”.

1 Like

Zork wants permission to block Eljay.

1 Like

hey, zork

1 Like

what is it

ok good it isn’t me

Oh that’s what you were trying to figure out
i wouldn’t block you, you haven’t offended me…yet

2 Likes

If someone offends you, you need to tell them what’s bothering you instead of trying to forget they exist.

5 Likes

but what if the thing that’s bothering me is the user’s existence

1 Like

Then you’ll have to accept that this person exists and move on. It’s a fact of life that you’ll meet people you won’t like.

4 Likes

I guess maybe the issue is with me, and not the site blocking functions…

1 Like

Never forget to dab on the haters.

7 Likes

maybe the real issue was the friends we made along the way

9 Likes

Unrelated, but I accept payment for friend elimination. It will only cost you one Heroica set.

4 Likes

I’ve been meaning to get rid of this guy “Sonus” for a while now. I will keep this in mind.

7 Likes

you could block him but it wouldn’t do much

2 Likes

If you get rid of me I’ll reincarnate as a Russian hacker.

2 Likes