Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story

As a Fettan myself, I am very excited for this movie. What are your thoughts, hopes, and qualms for the new addition to the epic saga?

7 Likes

Kinda mad that it’s not an old republic movie, but hope that it happens between 3 and 4. I would love to see the duel between Cad Bane and Boba, the one that gave Boba his dent in his helmet.

5 Likes

Well here’s hoping it’ll be good.

It’s being directed by James Mangold, the director of Logan. Imagine a movie about an old and Jaded Boba Fett after he escaped the Sarlaac learning he has a clone son, and trying to get that son and other clones out of First Order Space. He would attempt to give his son the relationship he never had with his father Jango, but would ultimately be killed by either Kylo Ren or an attempt to recreate an ARC trooper. It would never actually happen, but I think it sounds awesome, lol.

4 Likes

That would be cool…

1 Like

Oh, so it’s not cancelled then?

1 Like

I like the character, I like the director, I should be exited for it. I’m not though.

2 Likes

Personally I think all these new Star Wars movies are kinda getting out of hand.

7 Likes

As a big Star Wars dork, I’m always excited for stand-alones

1 Like

I’m not sure it can be good enough to completely merit its creation.

Future information could change my mind, but I think this will be my attitude towards future anthology flims from Star Wars.

3 Likes

Agreed. Let’s just hope it doesn’t fail as badly as solo is right now.

1 Like

Boba Fett is tied for my favorite Star Wars character, so this is something I’m very excited about. I have many hopes for this movie, but they probably won’t come true:

1. They state whether or not Boba survives the Sarlacc.

2. Bossk and Dengar are major characters.

3. Maybe some older bounty hunter cameos, like Cad Bane and Aurra Sing.

3 Likes

My favorite character in Star Wars but under current leadership can’t be done justice, IMO. I love Boba Fett but his characterization comes from the EU which isn’t canon under current leadership.
He had his own moral code and would only take jobs where he personally believed the target was guilty of the crime. He came out on top of the moral argument in regards to Han Solo (Solo smuggles an addictive drug that kills people, known as spice, for pay).
He also respected women.

If you give me a movie that shows Boba Fett as the best bounty hunter and his perspective of galaxy without SJW agenda driven propaganda then I’m all in. Let me see the Rebellion’s darker side and the Empires lighter side; show me that the good and the evil aren’t as clear as black and white.

As a side note, the merchandise for this movie is going to put a crater in my wallet. Between LEGO and the possibility of a cosplay costume…

4 Likes

I think it’s evident that Ki’ra and Darth Maul are returning, if this is happening before Episode IV.

I Hope it has a similar feeling to a spaghetti western like “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” due to Clint Eastwood’s character being the main inspiration for Boba Fett.

2 Likes

I just want a story about a simple man making his way in the universe.

5 Likes

I hope it’s pre-Rogue One, or at least Pre-Empire Strikes Back

I’d actually be more interested in this movie if it takes place after Return of the Jedi (provided Fett survives the Sarlacc) because I don’t think they’ve done enough with the period and I’d like to see the rise of the First Order.

5 Likes

Apparently that’s when it does take place. Then again it could be changed for the final product.

2 Likes

Wait- Star Wars stole the Spice from Dune?

1 Like