Bohrok Kal faceplate markings?

Was it ever revealed what the markings on the Bohrok Kal’ faceplates were? The kinda look like landmasses and at first I always thought it represented the regions of Mata Nui but the shapes don’t match up at all. I can’t really find anything on the wiki and I have been wondering about this for a long time.

4 Likes

Typical Bionicle fans… always overthinking simple things.

They exist because it looks cool. The end.

9 Likes

It might have had a planned story significance, but its pretty much an emblem just to distinguish the Kal.

2 Likes

I might have worded it wrong in the first post. It’s not really overthinking, just a curiosity really and if the reason it’s is just to look cool(which it is) then that’s fine with me.

1 Like

They always looked to me like lizard scales

2 Likes

Pretty much.

It’s there because it looks like a flame pattern and looks cool.

1 Like

Probably the only reason as to why they are there is so that the headplates dont look as bland as they would be were they only silver colored

2 Likes

My thoughts of the BIONICLE community in a nutshell. XD

3 Likes

i just like to think of it as some sort of representation of the destruction of Mata Nui, or something. But, otherwise,

1 Like

Rule of cool is the only explanation.

3 Likes

This, basically.

I figured they were cuts and scratches in the metal, y’know cause the Kal were so powerful.

Am I the only one who now discovers that all the Bohrok-Kal markings are different? :stuck_out_tongue:

Only a true Bionicle fan would be able to recognize the Bohrok-Kal purely by its marking

4 Likes

That’s basically why I asked if they meant something. If they were all the same then they would obviously be a symbol of the Kal but all the markings are different.

2 Likes

Well, I’d like to point out that the silhouettes of their respective shield pieces in the middle are pretty helpful. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes