Bomonga The Big(Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Oh man this kind of rules. LOVE the Metru torsos as legs – not quite as big a fan of them as forearms, but it’s such a fun concept I’m still on board. Honestly the only thing that might give me pause about voting for this is the size of his thighs and torso relative to his massive limbs, I can’t help but think his core is kind of comically small by comparison. I would probably extend his torso by a couple studs and given him some kind of pelvis armor and chunkier thighs to balance things out? But hey, I don’t want to nitpick, cause this is about as unique as you can get without going overboard. Great work!

2 Likes

Yes when i have time I will

Y’know despite being non-purist I really do like this. The bigger limbs kinda make him look like he’s using his mask power

1 Like

This is a great build. He’s not how I imagine a Toa Hagah, but the build would work really well for a different Toa in my opinion. Those torso uses are really creative.

The size comparison with Iruini and Whenua is with their Toa form, you little joker :laughing:

2 Likes

Absolutely love this! The metru torsos as arms and legs are amazing and perfect for a toa of earth.

1 Like

This gave me a good chuckle, thanks! Really creative build BTW!

1 Like

Shoulder articulation on ball joints?

Heresy

Eyy congrats! You won!

1 Like

So, how is Bomonga supposed to use the rhotuka portion of his rhotuka shield? If it’s in the name, I would think it important to be able to implement its function. Of course it can be edited to work, but that’s with an edit that shouldn’t have to be necessary.

But congratulations on the win anyways, it is a decently cool build.

Yeah I totally did not use this entry winning as an excuse to buying new torsos.

1 Like

I heard people were not happy that there weren’t clear deconstruction images, so I deceided to make a studio model:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNu2L6jyt1xvOOW1mSFjL_cOjMCN6RTa/view?usp=sharing
Let me know if it is correct, I used canon Faxon and Kopaka’s sword, because the pieces you used are unavailable. You should have used a technic bush inder the nech thigh guard in the axle 4.

1 Like

While I wait for the torsos and resin print, this exists.

16 Likes

Does he have a gear function also how do you build his body

I made the four Hagah in stud.io, you can download them here:
11.23 MB file on MEGA

2 Likes

Now if he looks better, the design you gave to his arms and legs is so much better without those exaggerated fingers and without those torsos as limbs.

What is the number and name for the pieces (circled in red)?

I’ve only collected Gen 1 bionic Le and am unfamiliar with most recent pieces since 2010.

6 Likes

It’s this piece:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=10197&name=Technic,%20Axle%20and%20Pin%20Connector%20Hub%20with%202%20Perpendicular%20Axles&category=[Technic,%20Connector]#T=C
Name and Part number should be there.

4 Likes

Beat me to it.

2 Likes

Anyone have this pieced out or some kind of instructions for the torso?

Here you are.

2 Likes