Bomonga The Big(Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Studio never loads on my computer it like crashes loading visual drivers or something I could try i borrowing my dad’s computer or something, can you post screen shots of it?

4 Likes

Thank you!,

What size Axle goes through the chest into the gear in the back?

That’s not quite right; the chest armour would still be able to rotate slightly.

You want to replace the pin-axle-axle in each shoulder with a 4L axle to lock the chest in place, and then replace the 3L liftarm with 2 thin 3L liftarms to stop the axles from sliding.

5 Likes

There is also a black 2L thin liftarm in the lower part of the torso (and therefore one of the two axles needs to be 1 cm longer), if I’m not mistaken.

Just wanted to say: I initialy wasnt the biggest fan of how the limbs looked judging from these few pictures and the renders some made. But having built it myself and looking at it in person, I have to say it looks quite a lot better than I expected.

Realy quite like it now. I can only recommend to anyone who isnt sure about that part of the design to check it out themself. You did a pretty great job with him

1 Like

Thank you! I ordered the piece on BrickLink (with the rest of the pieces for the winners), but wanted to properly thank you for helping answer that earlier question.

1 Like

@doni What is your method for painting the mask?

I’m new to painting 3D masks :flushed: but want to make sure I get it right :crossed_fingers:

I sprayed white primer on the mask first, then used an airbrush to spray thin/even coats of paint on it. You could also use a regular paintbrush, but the airbrush lets you paint the mask much better since it doesn’t leave brush marks if you’re not careful.

5 Likes

11 Likes

The file is inaccessible. And converter website won’t allow me to convert it into pdf file. Is there any alternate method to access the file

The access code is contained in the share link.

Nothing. I’ve used my windows 10 device and tried iOS but I always see this. Any tips/steps would be helpful as I’m eager to view the Hagah builds

Well you have to have a PC/Mac and install Stud.io to be able to upen the file.

That’s the thing I have a PC with windows on it, installed the app and get the same result. Apparently I am unable to access .io file contents no matter how much I change my default app settings.

If it isn’t any bother, I wouldn’t mind screenshots sent via email. I can DM my email address to someone with access to the contents of the file

What do you actually need?

I mainly need to look at several things to make sure I built them properly:

• Breakthrough for attaching Bomong’s spear to hand (without lightsaber blade)
  • Pouks shoulders (to keep it sturdy). Checking if there are any alternatives.
  • Does Gaaki need 1 or 2 hose rubbed tubes?
  • Gaaki’s arm (with shield). From the breakthrough of the moc I can’t tell whether or not her arm was attached to a 4l axle with 2 bush parts

These would be helpful

2 short ones.

It is connected like Iruinis shield arm.

two of the T-piece-technic connectors.

4 Likes

Hey, it looks like there are a couple inaccuracies in your Bomonga here. The rounded 1x2 plate underneath the chest foot is missing, and there appears to be an inaccuracy in how the head is connected.

unknown (1)

unknown

Credit to Swert of BS01 for the Studio screenshot.

1 Like

Yeah now I have noticed that