Bonele and Klard

Imgur
“You’re next.”

So yeah. These are a duo of mocs I’ve been working on for like the last month. It originally started with Bonele, the Ce-Toa, born from a desire to build a moc utilizing my blue hau nuva. Klard was a last minute addition hence why his design may not be as on point as Bonele, though I also wanted them to have similar, but different torso designs.

In the end I am satisfied enough with them, and finally got to use the Tribal akaku I had painted by Modalt like 2 years ago. Though to be fair, Bonele definitely my favorite of the two, just because of the poses I was able to get her into in her wip stages. You might notice I had to do some finangling with her feet in order to get the 1.0 HF feet to work. Yes it may limit the range of motion a bit, but it looks better than just using the typical hero factory feet, or gahlok feet even.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Story wise. Bonnie and Clyde type of rogues within the MU, hence the names.

Here is the background mumbo jumbo for this interested, as I typically don’t bother but felt the urge to for these two.

Duo Bio:
Klard, a Le-Toa, and Bonele, a Ce-toa, met during a heist. The two were hired separately to steal an important artifact from a Brotherhood Fortress in the southern isles. While they were hesitant to work together they realized their specializations complimented each other’s style and have worked together ever since.

Bonele Bio:
Bonele, a Ce-Toa, who met Klard during a heist.

Bonele’s specialities lie in infiltration and theft. She utilizes the strong psionic abilities she possesses to mask her presence from enemies when stealth is required, or disrupting the thoughts of her enemies, through mental “Screaming” when harsher tactics are required.

During battle she attempts to process the thoughts of her opponents so that she may predict their attacks allowing her Hau to work at it’s fullest, thus nullifying the surprise attack weakness. Combined with her Electrostaff, capable of delivering an electrical shock strong enough to disable an ash bear, she is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

She also possesses a dagger for those times when a target must be killed quietly and quickly, though she rarely uses it in combat.

She too faced harsh circumstances, having been one of the Ce-matoran studied by the order, though she was unwilling to give her species secrets, which resulted in harsher tactics being used to obtain the secrets. This lead to a deep-rooted hatred for those that would claim to fight for justice.

Klard Bio:
Klard, a Le-Toa, who met Bonele during a heist.

Klard’s Akaku is linked with the scope of his X-50 Sniper. The sniper itself is incorporated with Kanoka of Intangibility. Klard must manually input at what range a single bullet will turn incorporeal for a fraction of a second before returning to a solid state. This allows for the removal of targets behind a single obstacle. Klard is also equipped with various blades for close-range struggles

When Bonele is infiltrating locations, Klard will act as her eyes, utilizing the X-ray factor of his akaku to inform her of enemy movements via a “Trained” mental connection they share.

Klard is not bubbly and friendly like most le-toa, having been enslaved by steltians and forced to fight while still a le-matoran. This has ripped much of the “Joy” from his life.

Shrugs It is what it is. Not one for backgrounds typically.

Bonus WIP images.

Imgur
Bonele in her earliest stage.
Imgur
Imgur
My favorite pose.

So yeah, there ya go. Also forgot to mention this at the start, but Bonele’s hand design is based on a design used by @Bionic.T.B.

21 Likes

Nice MOCS with an effective use of parts. I especially like the Mata Head on the blue one, and that custom Akaku looks stellar. The only thing is, though, that there isn’t any other silver on the MOC, so it looks a tad out of place.

1 Like

What silver are you talking about? If you mean on the tips of the staff, those are suppose to represent like the electrical conductors, hence why I made them a different color. Basically I was imagining something akin to the electrostaffs wielded by magnaguards from star wars when creating the weapon.

1 Like

I meant the silver on the Akaku.

There is no silver on the Akaku, except on the rims of the scopes. Might just be my lighting making something look like silver.
Imgur

2 Likes

Nice looking well done MOCs here!

These are pretty cool, but my favorite is Klard, due to his color scheme and his mask.
But both are good MOCS.

1 Like

Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

The body’s have an interesting design them, however, both mocs are let down by the basic arms and legs. However, these are pretty good

Nice! I like the colors of both and their torso designs.

my biggest problem with Bonele is not how it auto corrects to Bonnie but the fact that she doesn’t look like a female. The only thing that tells me that she’s a girl is that she is blue (since in the bionicle world blue means your a girl). Really my only advice is to make her look more feminine, not saying give her a nimbutt or nuva boobs but just have her look more “feminine” some how. Other than that she looks like if Tahu was feeling blue today, ha I just made a bad joke.

Im just going to leave this here as an example.

I dont have much to saw about Klard because he’s awesome and deservers a reward for that akaku.

1 Like

I’d typically agree with you on that, though while I could not exactly make her look more feminine, you might notice her torso design is slimmer than Klards, where as Klard is kind of bulky. This was my minor attempt at distinguishing the two. Also the more streamlined and smaller armor shells was my other attempt at it.

While yes, Klard certainly does have basic arms and legs, I did try to give Bonele some form of custom limbs, as seen by her lower legs and lower arms+hands. She is only my second moc to ever use custom hands, the first one being Vicenzo, though hers are certainly an upgrade to his.

Considering this is a cybernetic robot in a fictional universe where the beings have no need of reproduction, I don’t think it’s exactly critical that she matches the proportions of a human female perfectly. This isn’t a human, and this isn’t a species that needs aspects that are really only needed for biological reproduction. Female really means nothing in the Matoran universe, and there’s no real reason that it must be represented so close to human biology.

3 Likes

ok, first I never asked for your comment on my comment that had a decent argument, second…[quote=“Joe, post:13, topic:31867”]
a fictional universe where the beings have no need of reproduction
[/quote]

I never said that she needed to look more feminine so she could make more robot babies. All I was saying is that its hard to tell that it was a girl. I can see it not being critical, but at the same time I could literally say the same thing as you did for men and it would make about the same amount of sense as what you just said about women. So when you put it that way, why do the men have to look like men when they don’t need to “Reproduce”? I can see your point and I hope you see mine. So for the love of god just don’t go that far into science or biology for a discussion as simple as “it needs to look more female”.

Ok, first this is a message board. We discuss. This is called a discussion.[quote=“TheUpsidedownVahi, post:14, topic:31867”]
I never said that she needed to look more feminine so she could make more robot babies. All I was saying is that its hard to tell that it was a girl. I can see it not being critical, but at the same time I could literally say the same thing as you did for men and it would make about the same amount of sense as what you just said about women. So when you put it that way, why do the men have to look like men when they don’t need to “Reproduce”? I can see your point and I hope you see mine. So for the love of god just don’t go that far into science or biology for a discussion as simple as "it needs to look more female
[/quote]

Well, umm, how do I put this…

well, it needs to have a body, so the most basic body, with out adding anything on top, would be a man. I’ll just leave at that, but hopefully you can see the point I’m trying to make.

6 Likes

Given this is a website intended entirely for discussion, posting on here to begin with allows anyone to click the “Reply” button whether you requested it or not.

But why does anything look female?

Gender exists solely for reproduction, no matter the species. In the Matoran universe, it’s only a pronoun. There’s no significance at all to it. Why does it need to look different from any other Toa? There’s absolutely no need for a difference, as it doesn’t serve any purpose. They don’t reproduce, and a box with limbs would serve the purpose of a bipedal humanoid just as well as a “feminine body” for the purpose of the Toa. It doesn’t need to look like a girl because there is nothing that requires it to look like a girl. If it needed to look like a specific gender, it’d probably require that for reproduction, but MU inhabitants don’t reproduce in a manner that requires gender and biological difference.

There is no need for gender in this universe, and it exists solely because genderless species might seem odd in your everyday kid’s toyline. Outside of a few pronouns, it never has meant any real significance for Matoran or Toa

4 Likes

When you specify for the moc to look more female, that must mean you are indirectly saying to make it less male as well.

The most basic differences between the typical shaping of males and females is that males traditionally are taller, have broader shoulders, and a stronger appearance. In contrast, females traditionally are shorter, have wider hips, and a more petite figure. However, there surely are many people who have physical structures that might be characteristically neutral or even uncharacteristic of their genders traditional representation. There are alot of feminine men and masculine women.

In the natural world, gender and it’s physical manifestation is primarily reproductive. Genders appear in species that reproduce sexually, but for species that reproduce asexually, they are gender-neutral.

Since these are asexual robots, the sexual characteristics of gender aren’t important. Furthermore, even thought the character is female, she can still have a masculine shaping. Even still, look at her shoulders. They are just about as wide as her hips, which is in line with feminine proportions.

For the sake of being a female robot warrior in a world/setting created without the need for sexually physical bodies, her build is perfectly fine.

And I’ll just add that directly telling someone on an open message board that their opinion wasn’t asked for, and implying that it thus had no value, is incredibly rude…

6 Likes

wait for it…

look at that, you just went against your own argument.

wow, this shows lego doesnt fallow these rules.

Please send that exact message to lego or even better Greg Farshtey himself and see what he has to say about your argument, this isn’t a discussion but an argument.

Perhaps it is also worth noting that the set designs showed no gender difference and the fact that the movies are known for having decanonized factors such as the presence of flirting and romantic suggestion? No, that doesn’t matter?

The movies are not known for being the be-all and end-all of proper representation of canon, and it is also worth noting that Gali is a Toa of water. No matter who you are, it takes a slimmer physique to travel through it efficiently, and the Toa in question whom you are complaining about the proportions of is a Toa of psionics, which has no requirement for any different proportions than your average Toa.

Bare in mind, the movies are known for canon inaccuracy and the different element in question also throws this off. Please consider the consistency of this if you’re going to try to prove that Gali’s personal physique is an exact representation of what any “female” Toa should look like.

2 Likes

This conversation is over.

Next person to continue this debate and not focus on the MOC gets suspended for a week. This happens every time there is a “female MOC” and it is a waste of everyone’s time. Enough is enough.

9 Likes