Botar, the executor(ver.Bu)

Long time no see you, friends on the board!
I built the new ver.Bu, so release it! :wink:

"The law is the will of Mata Nui. Break that law and only the pit will welcome you." -Botar

【Botar (ver.Bu)】

【Data】
kanohi : None
Tool : Blades, Axe
Power : Teleportation, Energy binding

Botar has narrow shoulders for his huge body and a sophisticated Tyrannosaurus-like shape.
I improved the details of his structure while respecting his features and emphasizing his original good-looking design.

To make his big fangs look like they are really his own and not a headgear, I added two back teeth, and gave to him a dinosaur-like “depth” in his mouth.
I also placed a rubber tire across Metruhead’s mouth to hide the connection with the fang unit to make it look less unnatural.

In addition, the thigh section, which had many gaps, was greatly improved and designed to be sufficient to support his huge body.
The blue armor on the front is independent of the Z-shaped internal drive system, allowing the thighs to be spread wide without disrupting the shape.

I also corrected the blade in an unpractical orientation and the large hole in the abdomen.

Thank you! :wink: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

49 Likes

This is a great revamp of a combo model which in all fairness was very lacking, the way you’ve remade his head makes it look some much more like his face, great job

4 Likes

There’s an old legend

that when you see the ver.Bu

As much of an upgrade as this is, it’s still relatively simplistic. Which is- well, being perfectly honest, it’s fantastic, as visually he looks almost identical in every aspect to the original model, yet clearly improved. And of course, the most obvious way this is better than the original is EVEN MORE TEETH.

Rarely ever have the ver.Bu mocs been disappointing, and thankfully, this moc absolutely delivers. Keep up the excellent work! :crown:

7 Likes

I didn’t ask for this, but it came into my life. This is absoluetley beautiful. Incredible job

2 Likes

Really awesome! I love how you vastly improved upon the original model!

1 Like

Thank you @Eilrach !! :revolving_hearts:
The original model is very great, but for its reason as a combiner model, he had many problem on his body.

About his head, actually, I adjusted the under center fang’s shaft.
And I replaced a black thin liftarm to gray one, for making his metru-head looks more big and fit to fang-unit! :wink:

Thank you always @Ghid !! :revolving_hearts:
The original model was very great, so I couldn’t many fixing!

Thankyou @rememberthekanohi ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @The_Blue_Panda ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

The extra teeth definitely make the head look more natural. The change from black liftarms to gray on the sides of the head also helps, as small of a difference as that is.

1 Like

Thank you @TheJerminator ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Other than this, we added a silver Bohrok-Eye to his flanks to make his silvery pectoral and rib lines look more natural! :wink:

7 Likes

ok this looks great
way better then the original!
nice job mate!

1 Like

This just looks right, nothing about this looks like it isn’t supposed t be different. You managed to built this in a way that every piece looks like it was made for how you used it.

1 Like

He looks very organic, which is hard to pull off with G1 pieces!

1 Like

Ah, this looks great! The head is definitely improved over the original and the parts usage is really good.

1 Like

Thank you @Rhyla416 !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
The original design is very VERY fantastic, and I 've always wanted to revamping him! :blush:

Thank you @Senit !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
When I do revamping, I test many pieces, and imagine and draw the “A reinterpretation of the design that the original designer may have intended”! :relieved: (I don’t guarantee that it’s the correct answer …)

Thank you @Enbeanie !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
Yes, it’s a revamp that’s possible now! It’s a privilege of the times! :sweat_smile: :wink:

Thank you @Rukah !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
His design is very cool, but as a combiner model, he has many lacks of adjusting on his structure. So I tried “His design”! :wink: :relieved:

3 Likes

Everything with “ver.bu” I’m the title is art

3 Likes

Amazing revamp, as always!

What about Botar’s Replacement?

1 Like

same guy but with glasses and a bow-tie

4 Likes

Thank you @Cordax ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @TheCobaltCorsair !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
About BP, he doesn’t have official design, so I don’t plan to build him!

Thank you again @Ghid !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

The head is put together very well. I’m currently working on my own version of botar’s species. A melding universe one.

2 Likes