Bottle cannon mk1.5

A few weeks ago i saw a video of a bottle launcher made of PVC and since it is summer, I drink to much soda and behind my grandma’s house ther is a decently sized field I decided to build one.

It is composed of 3D printed pieces, PVC pipes and stuff from the hardware store.
It can take bottles from 1.35 l to 2 l and can shoot a 2 l bottle around 20 meters up in the air.
The angle is also fully adjustable thanks to the 3D printed parts.
To shoot you just need a bike pump and a few bottles.
The launch mechanism is also adjustable to accomodate different sizes of bottles.

In a few weeks I’m going to build a smaller, handheld version to shoot 0.5 l bottles using one of those smaller pumps (basically an rpg but with bottles).

I am also going to find a way to stabilize the bottles to avoid an unpredictable trajectory.

9 Likes

Well, this is pretty far from LEGO, but pretty interesting also. Can you upload photos of the mechanisms? Hand sized variant is cool idea. To stabilize bottle’s trajectory I recommend to add some weight on front end (perhaps plasticine).

It’s surprisingly simple:
Basically there are 7 zip-ties that lock the bottle’s neck into position

Then you slide a larger tube over the zip-ties to block them

Once you pump air into the bottle and slide the tube down the zip-ties will give and the bottle will fly .

To adjust the angle you unscrew this bolt on the sides and then you tighten it once you choose the right angle.

I was thinking about adding fins on the sides because if I add too much weight to the bottle the launch would lose power

2 Likes

Finally.

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

Condidering that I’m nither a designer nor an engineer and the fact that sometimes the bottles blow up or launch on their own I don’t think so (for now at least)

I need to build one for myself.