Box-Accuarate Journey to One Poster

Not sure if anyone else has posted this before, but here I go anyway.

What’s struck me odd about the Journey to One poster we recently got is how they corrupted volcano/sky’s color “wrong.” All the summer box art and LEGO’s official poster depicts the sky as a sickly yellow-green color, the same color featured on Umarak. However, the Journey to One depicts the sky as purple instead. I don’t mind the purple, but it is strange that they went with the literally opposite color of what LEGO used.

So, I decided to “fix” it.

This was a very quick edit, but I think it turned out okay. If anyone’s curious here’s a comparison to the other posters:

http://i.imgur.com/auo6ngs.jpg

Not quite sure if this is correct place post this, but I think it counts as art. If not, merge this with the BIONICLE 2016 topic, I guess.

21 Likes

The green definitely makes the scene a lot brighter…maybe slightly overwhelming. But still a cool edit!

2 Likes

The new poster with the purple sky is the official one. the green sky doesn’t make sense at all with the new episodes

Hm, it looks okay, but still a little off.

The beam needs to be redish-orange, and the green of the sky bleeds into all the figures in the poster.

You have a point there. I tried to fix the contrast a bit, but ultimately the problem lies with the hues. Yellow is naturally the brightest hue while purple is the darkest. So no matter what I do, a yellow-green sky will always look brighter than a blue-purple one.

Not sure what you’re trying to say here. If you’re saying this is a fake, I know. I edited the poster to match the summer wave’s box art.[quote=“PakariNation99, post:5, topic:25750, full:true”]
Hm, it looks okay, but still a little off.

The beam needs to be redish-orange[/quote]
Noted.

Yeah, that’s a bit of a problem, and one difficult to fix. The toa have a blueish-purple tint to them in the original poster, which clashes severely with the new green color. The best way to hide it was to let the green bleed into the Toa more.

2 Likes

Oh yea that is a problem…:confused:

Are you using Photoshop/GIMP? Maybe you could lasso each one out and then change the color settings around (or manually paint) to make it less harsh and make the light more like a reflection of the sky’s light?

But I see what you mean.

GIMP 'cause I’m cheap. (Though I do miss all those photoshop features.)

I suppose it is possible, but that would take a lot of work, especially if I tried to manually paint over them. The edits I made to this poster were actually quite simple. I just made a duplicate layer of the poster, tinted it green and yellow and then used a layer mask to reveal some color of the original.

Anyway, I am playing around with the poster some more. Fixed the beam and I probably post any further edits in the morning.

3 Likes

This looks nice, I just wish it was possible to fix Kopaka’s mask

Great! I like how overwhelming the bright green turned out.

i know it’s fan made, i was just saying that the green sky makes no sense with what happens in the series, hence the purple official art

Forgot to post it; the poster’s been slightly edited. Image is darker, removed some of the Toa’s blue tint to reveal more color, and added some red in the beam, plus with some other minor changes.

1 Like

I assumed the purple was Makuta foreshadowing, but this looks so much better.