Boxing Champ [UPDATED]

So I tried to revamp my samurai-esque moc from earlier. I wish I had took photos of the previous one, but it went from vaguely looking bulking silver and black samurai esque thing, to the same thing but with tons of translucent colours. LIke an eruption of translucent. Then I tried to balance it out, thought silver was boring so I replaced it with gold.

(original thing, looks nothing like it does now: TtvPodcast.com is for sale | HugeDomains)

Ok, onto the pictures.

I also made some close ups, like really close up, but my hand is in the background which makes it a tad difficult. If it helps I’ll put them here too.

I can’t really excuse my shoddy photography. Though I try my best with a laptop webcam…

Wouldn’t mind harsh critique on the build, if you need any other “close ups”, ask for the specific area. Only thing I can make an excuse for is the light grey axle on the back; I ran out of black ones.

8 Likes

The waist on the torso seems really odd for some reason.
7/10

1 Like

Only Zaikus can be the champ

1 Like

FITE_ME_IRL

@SwagMeister

On the main pics of the moc or the close ups? Or both?

On the main pics. You know, that invasion from below jaw. It’s odd.

1 Like

I think his armor less form has potential, but he just looks wierd to me with armor.

1 Like

Thinking about it, it does partly look like a swimsuit. Though I can’t really think of any other pieces that solidify that much/bulk it up while keeping it somewhat sleek.
Maybe I should replace it with a black armour shell or two? I’m not sure…

@Sciencegiraffe

Define “weird”; out of proportion, sticking out like a sore thumb or?

Plural’s Quick Review:

• Custom Torso is OK
  • Color Scheme is kind of Meh
  • The torso armor is kind of Strange
  • Eye-Stocks on the Back of the Legs are… Disturbing

I would give this MOC a 5/10.

Needs Some Work :wink:

1 Like

Well there is this thing sticking out of his lower back, and the protector mask on his torso looks strange.

1 Like

Notice how he channels the power of “Physics for Dummies” for victory

4 Likes

Custom Torso is OK

Not really sure what else I could do; any pointers or better examples perhaps?

Color Scheme is kind of Meh

Elaborate, not sure what you’re trying to say.

The torso armor is kind of Strange

Fair enough, though any ideas on better covering up the torso?

Eye-Stocks on the Back of the Legs are… Disturbing

Ah here now, if I didn’t have them they’d be meh.

I see where you’re coming from in most points, and I did ask for critique anyways, but could you explain a bit more as to why?

@Sciencegiraffe

is this thing sticking out of his lower back,

You mean the gold or?

the protector mask on his torso looks strange.

Maybe I should switch the gold mask wit hthe protector mask? Not sure how I could easier spread the purple.

@Hawkflight

“He throws his punch in a vector, at a 20 degree angle at the speed of light, his opponent die-how much force was used?”

3 Likes

My words are terribad… I mean it’s good. :wink:

Meh is a way of saying it is in between OK and Bad. I personally prefer colors to stay at two main colors and one Highlight, but the MOC has that Trans. Purple, which Kind of throws the Consistency off the Bridge.

[quote=“Blaiz1t, post:11, topic:12722”]
Fair enough, though any ideas on better covering up the torso?
[/quote]You could ditch the Protector Mask.

It doesn’t change the Fact that they kind of add some unneeded, probably unintentional Greebling.

I have two different types of reviews:

• Plural’s Quick Reviews; where I give some simple and somewhat easier to understand points of critique

and

• Praise/Criticism: A reviewing style similar to PQR, but a bit more in-depth and analytical.

I usually go with PQR because it makes it quicker for the User to read and quicker for me to get it out. :wink:

Does a simple, small, un-memorable review need this many rules? No, but I kind of find this the best way to get everything out.

2 Likes

My words are terribad… I mean it’s good. wink

Ehhrrmm…

two main colors and one Highlight,

Noted, though it’s going to be difficult to see whether I want an Ekimu colourscheme or your average silver and black with the dash of blue… I’ll see what I can do.

You could ditch the Protector Mask.

Would a skull spider mask work or better to ignore masks for the time being?

add some unneeded, probably unintentional Greebling.

Not sure how I could make the legs filled up any other way, might have to branch out to custom limbs.

it makes it quicker for the User to read and quicker for me to get it out.

Fair enough, I can’t imagine making full on reviews on random people’s mocs every day.

1 Like

I can tell you one thing:
It’s
A
Pain

Until you could find a better fit, you could go with the Golden Skull Spider Mask.

Gold, Black, and Trans. Blue would Suffice.

[quote=“Blaiz1t, post:13, topic:12722”]
Not sure how I could make the legs filled up any other way, might have to branch out to custom limbs.
[/quote]

Really like the colour scheme on this guy, and most of the armour placement. Only bit that seems odd is the lower back. Would prob look better if it was stripped down to his “unarmoured” state.
@Hawkflight I guess it’s a case of brawn over brain…

you could go with the Golden Skull Spider Mask.

Didn’t get LOSS, so I might stick in a silver one for the time being.

Gold, Black, and Trans. Blue would Suffice.

Shur

@Ducktective

his “unarmoured” state.

Working on it right now, looking for those stupid technic pieces that connect things.

1 Like

Nice! He needs some music.

DEMPSEY ROLL

9/10

body is invalid

This guy should be in a Rocky-

Beat me to the Rocky reference.

1 Like

I love the color scheme