Braireus, the Centaur

Disclaimer: This MOC has a lot of lore that is heavily connected to my series, Chronicles of Darkness, so it may not make sense to those who have not seen it.

Now that the new Hapori Podcast episode that I revealed him in is out, I’d like you all to meet Braireus, the Centaur! This guy is easily my most complex MOC, his whole horse body is entirely custom to allow for a gear function as you can see in the video by twisting his tail!

Here’s the lore behind Braireus:

Braireus, also called Kirix. Was one of three immortal beings, they were the Andras, the first creations of the ten fragments. The gods called him Braireus; the mortals knew him as Kirix, meaning “Harbinger of the gods”.

Braireus believed himself to have been perfect, while the gods are incomplete beings, he is whole. He saw himself as their successor, not their creation. He convinced his siblings to rise against the fragments. The three of them were cursed and cast out, turned to monsters, barely resembling their former selves.

Braireus and his siblings faded into legend, becoming three of the ancient Theoteras, which translates to “The god’s beasts”. Braireus is the Centaur, a mighty beast that hunts the wilderness of the Breach, slaying any unsuspecting intruders into his territory.

Here is a video of Braireus’ functions.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and thank you for your time!

51 Likes

Never seen a centaur MOC before myself (either that, or I’m a bit uncultured in MOC-ing). Good job, Kasai!

3 Likes

You found a use for those Chewbacca shells!

3 Likes

Thankfully, they’re pretty useless otherwise.

4 Likes

I mean, holy 'eck, this is genius!

From the actually proper centaur lower body with both a definable color scheme, and one that matches up with the mythological variant in color, to the way you fit it all together and the fact you made it so all legs are connected to the same, interconnected gear systems, and his hoof build!

This guy is just all around amazing to look at!

3 Likes

Thanks so much dude! He was a really ambitious project for me that’s for sure.

1 Like

Ey, you’re beyond welcome mate! This is actually a legit centaur build, which in itself is amazing, and has an awesome concept and compatible color scheme.

Man… now I really wish I had way more ccbs parts… sad…

1 Like

I used to watch Chronicles of Darkness. I may start watching it again.

1 Like

Lucky for you filming’s gunna be starting back up real soon :wink:

2 Likes

The only thing that was annoying me was the way you was filming (and that some of the episodes were just weird).

1 Like

How were they weird? And my style is my style.

Don’t plan on changing it, just improving it.

2 Likes
  1. Its more about that side series (I forgot its name). I used to watch it too, but it get weird with that camera man being the main character and with a lot of JUST DO IT!
  2. No, the way is OK. If you improve it it would be perfect.
1 Like

Oh, well Tales of Home is a completely separate universe to CoD, Tales of Home was always supposed to be light hearted and wacky. Though I definitely recommend ToH season 2 over season 1, season 1 isn’t canon and season 2 has a more serious story.

As for the style, if you’ve seen CoD season 2 so far I’m sure you’re aware the style is evolving, same with “The Tide Forgotten” A CoD prequel series I made last month or so.

1 Like

Cool. I’ll check 'em when I will have enough time.

1 Like

Awesome! It’ll be a good idea to start catching up. The second half of CoD season 2 is right around the corner.

2 Likes

Very nice. Fantastic work here. Though I can’t help but see twisted and mangled Chewbacca worn as though he were a pair of quadrupedal pants.

3 Likes

Now there’s an image I can’t get out of my head.

2 Likes

i feel like the lower half shines way more here, with the shaping being just really nice and looking great imo overall, the upper torso is where it starts to fall apart though, with gappiness and colors that don’t really fit with the brown. this is just my opinion, though

overall, it’s still pretty dang good.

1 Like

Well I don’t really see what gappiness you’re referring to, but as the story says, he was turned into this. The top half is what he originally looked like, orange, trans dark blue, and silver, a regular Bionicle type of character. The brown is the mutation that the gods caused.

1 Like

Mainly the ones in the shoulders, it just looks odd to me, and i understand it’s for story reasons, it just feels odd to me

wait, no, i have one more critique, if you don’t mind. please, change the chestpiece. the gunmetal looks weird as heck.