Breez Revamp

R.I.P. TheCobaltCorsair
September 14, 2019-July 28, 2020
Cause of death: posting a Hero Factory MOC

All right, with my memorial service out of the way, let’s get to the MOC…

I personally think the Breakout Breez set had a lot of missed potential (more specifically, the color layering could’ve used some work), so I decided to revamp her.

Yes, the Hero Core is held on by an illegal connection (but I’m not concerned; the Bionicle fans will surely destroy me before the purists have a chance). Anyway, the torso took me forever to figure out, and there are still a few things I may change if I can find the right pieces. Honestly, the limbs are probably a little too simple, but I wanted to make sure that the textures wouldn’t clash with the CCBS shells.

Here’s her gun, which is based on the ones use in Hero Factory’s IFB sets. I replaced her oversized blaster with this because… well, mostly because I didn’t have all the pieces for it.

I also replaced her shield for the exact same reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry about the cracks in the shield; that piece is just so brittle…

Finally, here’s a size-comparison with a probably incomplete Black Phantom and Breakout Surge.

Well, I would say “Thanks for viewing”, but I’m pretty sure I should start running instead, so…

26 Likes

I think Hero Factory posting has had a lot more acceptance ever since it ended. You’re fine.

The color layering does look a lot better here. The one point of contention I have is the torso/waist design. Her torso design is already thin enough, combined with the Nuva chest, you don’t need to make her waist even skinnier. Especially if it comes at the cost of the technic bits connecting the balljoints being exposed.

2 Likes

As I said, I might rework the torso, since I completely agree that it’s too skinny. The reason I built it the way I did is that every other design I could come up with clashed with the texture of the CCBS pieces. Maybe some system pieces could fix that…

I actually really enjoy HF MOCs.

For the most part, I agree with Hawkflight. The waist is just an awkward shape. I really enjoy the color scheme, though, it definitely stands out more than her original lime and black.

1 Like

It’s always good to see HF revamps and mocs. I really like her little pistol, though the torso proportions compared to the limbs looks a lil awkward.

1 Like

Nice, personality wise I really liked Breeze.
It’s a solid build, the colours work really well together.
I also really love that pistol design.

1 Like

Impressed you managed to make Breakout Breeze’s messy colour scheme actually work. Cool gun, too!

2 Likes

Not enough Hero Factory MOCs, I swear. We really need more of them.

Anyway, this is a really cool revamp! Despite being such a simple build, you really nailed the color blocking and the torso build. The little gun and the shield are cool, too!

1 Like

Love the rockets on the feet! Probably for rocket powered kicks to villains?

2 Likes

Thanks! Well, the original set had rockets on her feet as well, so that’s the main reason I added them.

2 Likes