Brick-build Av-Matoran

19 Likes

𝒿𝑅𝒶𝒫𝒽𝐼𝒸𝒮 𝒹𝐸𝓈𝐼𝓃 𝐼𝓈 𝑀𝓎 𝒫𝒶𝒮𝒾𝒪𝓃

10 Likes

Didn’t know Ekimu was an Av-Matoran. I really like radiak

5 Likes

Ekimmu isn’t… but it’s easier to do the mask maker than a full GWP style Arthaka.

Still, I have the mask prints for both mask of creation, if anyone else wants to do brick-build Arthaka.

2 Likes

You know what must be done lol

3 Likes

Thanks, but I’d rather start 3D modelling Toa, Matoran & Skakdi in my own style in Blender.

No more GWP style MOCs from me. Ok, maybe the Toa Mangai, Toa Ok*to and Toa Cordak.

2 Likes

Honestly I’d love to see that. That is 100% something to look foreword to.

3 Likes

First I gotta develop my style…

Well, I have done some work in Blender, but it was a couple of years back, before I learnt proper anatomy. Now that I’ve taken a few art classes, and am slightly less bad at anatomy, I’ll give it another try…

Or maybe I won’t be lazy and actually try drawing it out on 2D first.
The plan is to have 5 different body types. 1 petite female, 1 thicc female, 1 standard male, Onua Mata’s build, and a neuter hunched back for Matoro Mahri & Helryx.

Blend shapes to the rescue?

1 Like

That sounds super fun. I’m sure you can pull it off, just take your time and plan it out.
The body shape idea sounds fantastic but like you said draw and plan out first in 2d, that’s never a bad idea.

1 Like

Well, first for everything.

I did do a 3D model of Lain Iwakura from Serial Experiments Lain, and got bashed for it despite that being my first attempt. TBF, it was a lot of bashing and little constructive criticism, so I ignored it. Also did a generic human about a year and a half ago, and it was passable. And then I haven’t really done anything in blender since.

Yeah, so maybe I have a list of characters I’d like to sculpt in Blender, incl. Azula from Avatar, Hitomi from Exo-Force and Kagarino Kirie (I’m not elaborating on which IP it’s from, google it if you want)… but doing Bionicle is easier than realish-tic or anime women.

So Bionicle it is…. Tomorrow, or next week… I said I’ld start in July and now it’s late July.

2 Likes

enough with this G2 slender! now I’m thinking of making GWP G2 mocs out of spite…

oh yeah right uh… i really like the mocs and hostly sort of wish I can get those modified G2 masks somewhere, over all good use for the GWP Matoran build

2 Likes

If you want to make the G* GWP, mask prints are above. I mean that’s why I shared it over here.

Also, already did GWP Bowa (cause Lewa, but Jungle), but I’m sure you already saw it.

Could send you my file if you’ld like. Plus designed his axe to be compatible with Nikila Gali.

Still, now that I’m buying G* masks of Bricklink and owning something G* for the first time, one of the biggest sins is that G* kanohi aren’t backwards compatible.

2 Likes

They can be coupled onto a 2L socket, or a similarly spaced build

2 Likes

Maybe not my artstyle, but I might be doing a glatorian in SpectreL’s style.

2 Likes