Bricklink Studio/Stud.io - Bionicle, Minifigures, and other stuff

Hi, figured this was the best place to ask this question.

So I have Studio installed and all that, but I’m a bit unsure about where to go from there. Disclaimer: I am not a talented MoC designer. At all. :stuck_out_tongue:

So two major questions:

1. How do I go about setting it up for Bionicle stuff? Some people are whipping out Bionicle MoCs from Studio every other day, and I’m just sitting there wondering how to even put together a digital Bionicle, let alone find the parts. :stuck_out_tongue:

2. How do I use the Part Designer to make a custom minifigure? Getting the decals to line up is a process I find really confusing.

Thanks!
-Toa of Snow

5 Likes

the bionicle parts you’ll have to download off reddit, which will be a winrar file type you’ll have to extract into the right file directory- %appdata% and all that. Then those parts you’ll have to find in the custom parts tab.

Custom minifig decals are fun. Find a template online and just experiment with it until you can get a grasp of what you have to do.

1 Like

Can answer only first question: there is actually no way I know to set Stud.io “for Bionicle stuff”. But, most bionicle pieces can be found in “buildable figures” and different “technic …” sections on the left tab. I myself use Stud.io only for 2 months and already learned most names of pieces I need, so search is actually best option to find pieces. Also might be useful to go to settings and see if there is something you would like to change. And about adding pieces, this is the only source of official pieces I found (not all pieces are actually correct here): Reddit - Dive into anything
So good luck in digital MOCing! May be we’ll see a model from you in Artakha canonization contest)) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

As @Lesnichiy has linked, SwampKryakwa has a large library of Bionicle parts that you can download.

As someone who has made a custom minifigure, there is no science to it, it never lines up right, it takes a large amount of trial and error to get right, you can find a lot of guides for the scales for minifigure artwork. You then need to try and roughly scale the individual bits of artwork for the decals.

If you’d like any more tips for doing Bionicle or anything else in Stud.io, I’ve used it a few times, ask away.

4 Likes