Brickonicle: Attack on Ta Koro

Oooh… I like! I like it a lot!

This is amazing, especially the attention to detail in pretty much everything. The Rahkshi I especially like. The mini figures aren’t half bad either.

Best entry so far, I love it! Great Rahkshi too! It’s big for the price it’s supposed to have, and it’s full of great features.
My only complaint would be the design of the main gate, as I’m not a fan of its mask like shape (would have preferred a more accurate version of Ta Koro’s gate)

This is absolutely phenomenal! WOW

As with most of these I’m not to keen on the figures but the build is great and those Rahkshi are dank.

Great work, very set-like.

tfw you’re actually mad that this won’t be an official set

But seriously, this is amazing! It has everything I could wish for in a structure set! Great work! Exclamation mark!

Sheds tear It’s beautiful, I want to recreate this just to order the parts and build myself, It appears we have a master builder here.

This is rad. The Rahkshi are adorable.

Aside from the limitations of not having actual Bionicle minifigure parts, this couldn’t be more flawless. The gate would be the only structure that I would change the look of, and I feel that the gate function could be slightly retooled to work faster, but other than those two nitpicks it’s top tier Lego quality.

dam wow this must of took a long time!

This has a good flow to it, if that makes any sense. Also those rahkshi are fantastic.

This is amazing! Great job!

Absolutely wondrous. You had better walk out with a prize for this. Keep up the good work!

this looks a lot like an official lego set! If, only lego saw this…which they never will…because they don’t know about this set.

THIS! RIGHT HERE! THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE! The build, the figures, just everything! It just all looks so gooooooood! Great work, man!

This is incredible. It seems like an actual set, and the minifigs make it all the better.

this has to win, this is Amazing!!
great job, the designing is perfect, the functions are good, the rahkshi are cool!
10/10 for me!!!

This. Is. Incredible. :neutral_face:

I’ve already left a comment on Flickr, but I thought I’d give it a proper review here.

Basically, it’s fantastic. I like how many different play functions you’ve managed to include, and yet the set doesn’t feel cluttered - each function has its own dedicated space. The exploding wall is especially cool. The walkways are a really nice touch too.

You’ve even gone to the trouble of adding texture to the walls, as well as plants, moss and even a mini lava flow. Somehow it feels like both a feasible set and a realistic MOC representation of the real Ta-Koro.

I have two small criticisms; although I like the face archway, I’d prefer it if it looked more like an actual Kanohi mask (which I assume is what you were going for). Is it supposed to be a Hau?

Also, the drawbridge is really nicely made, but I wonder if you could gear it up so it moves quicker? At the moment it seems a bit awkward to operate - if you could raise/lower it with just a couple of turns that would be great.

Good luck in the contest, but I don’t think you’ll need it!