Brickonicle Contest - Rescue in Ko-Wahi

Name: Rescue in Ko-Wahi
Pieces: 170
Price: 17$

Minifigs: Takua, Kopaka Nuva, Jaller, Panrahk, Lerahk, Gurahk

(for some reason LDD has problems with colouring the feet properly sometimes…)

Originally I didn’t plan to participate in this contest, but somehow I started tinkering around with LDD at some point, and well… I guess since I have something I might as well participate.
I also built figures for the other Rahkshi and Toa and started building Kini Nui - when/if I finish that I’ll probably enter that too or at least post it (if the contest is already closed by then).

Ok, the actual “set” here: I feel like the Matoran and Kopaka look actually quite convincing which even surprises me. For the Rahkshi I originally planned not to use standard minifig bodies, but since articulation - especially in the hands - is important to me, I ended up with them this way.
And of course there’s Pewku, too - it was quite fun building her and I think the outcome was worth the time.

Now, looking at this I actually have to admit that a proper System Bionicle line might actually work even for me. A PROPER System Bionicle line - one that doesn’t include “Tahu’s Fire Bike” or something such, which presently I sadly wouldn’t expect from Lego…

38 Likes

This is great. I think it would make a cool little battle set. ^^

2 Likes

I really like the look of this, Pewku’s design especially.

1 Like

Pewku is my favorite Rahi model so I’d totally buy this.

1 Like

Nice, makes a good battle pack type set. I would totally buy this.

1 Like

Puku looks amazing.

2 Likes

Pewku wins the set, I like the rahkshi and I would to see them bigger but I understand the limitations of articulation. Plus if it was actually a set you could have custom legs or torsos such that they would be taller.

1 Like

Pewku is pretty great all around, but having 6 figures in a under $20 set feels “un-real” from modern sets.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right of course. It’s kinda sad, though, since I usually care way more for the figures included than everything else…

2 Likes

The only thing that could make it better, would be a small piece of scenery; even a clump of snow and ice would do :snowflake:

1 Like

Well, I can only agree on that. However, in order for it to satisfy me that would have to turn out not too basic… and currently I just don’t have the time.

I made this here only an entry anyways, because the contest inspired me to at least try to build some characters - and well, I figured I might as well post something that came out of it then.

If I have enough time to invest into the contest I might be able to complete the original Kini Nui idea I had - with everything you see here + the other Rahkshi, Toa Nuva and Takanuva.

… I’d have to figure out how to easily count parts in LDD for that, too, though…

1 Like

This looks very nice. Though Pewku is a bit too big.

1 Like

I wanted the legs to look this specific way and the only way I could think of to achieve that determined the size.

I agree, though, that Pewku could be a little smaller.

1 Like

Great Pewku.

1 Like

This is a really solid set, thought realistically a build of that size would include three figures max. For the amount of figures in the set, it would make more sence to shrink Pewku and make it more like a battle-pack.

1 Like