Brickonicle Entry: Ultimate Collector Series: The Kohli Arena

It looks nice. Reminds me of the Kohlii scene from the first Bionicle movie.
I also like the addition of the Onu-Matoran, Ko-Matoran and Le-Matoran.

1 Like

Dude, this is awesome.

1 Like

Moved category
Lego Creations exists pal

1 Like

I have to say, you did a good job with the Arena itself…but I don’t know how good of a set this would be. Too many BURPs, kind of bland architecture. Not my favorite.
But I do like all of the variety you have between all of the Matoran and Toa. They definitely look like a big community.

2 Likes

claps furiously

This is amazing, the scale of the build is impressive and you still managed to maintain the look of the actual Kohlii Stadium. My only problem is the Toa/Turaga, but for the life of me I’m not really sure what’s wrong with them.

1 Like

yea, everything feels… off

like, the main structure.

it’s too blocky, and has no real play features.

like, even if we factor the UCS part into this, the main structure is WAY too blocky, with no slants whatsoever

oh!

DISQUALIFIED!

3 Likes

This is the perfect example of bigger is not always better. It’s essentially a big bunch of bricks and BURP’s (big ugly rock pieces) and at 145 dollars I think this would not be a good Lego set.

As for the figures I can’t really criticize them much, but the turaga just don’t work, the beards look very out of place.

11 Likes

I can see your ambition, but this is a terrible set, its just a box, with the exterior covered with rock pieces, that don’t even hide everything.
The entire think is just a square everywhere you go, theres no detail, just bricks.

5 Likes

It looks rather lacking, to be honest. It feels very plain in textures and doesn’t look very interesting, and the major use of specialized pieces leaves me to assume this is a rather boring build. If you want to represent this location, I’d recommend starting from the ground up with a wider variety of unique techniques, instead of a heavy reliance on large parts that don’t really convey a structure.

I hate to just say “start over,” but I can’t think of anything else.

4 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, this would not be a LEGO set.

You need to minimize the set immensely - smoothen out things, and a full circle would not be the official design. Maybe a half circle at best with a gate or something in the middle? Keep the minifig count between 5-8, add some texture, some cool play features and then it’ll look better. For now I get what you’re doing but I think you could do a much better job.

Good luck.

8 Likes

This looks pretty good, but by god is it big!

I honestly don’t think its all that worth it. I feel like its just a bit too blocky and basic to justify such a massive price. Come to think of it, I don’t think anything classified as a toy could be worth over a thousand dollars.

Where’d you get one thousand dollars from?
The price is $145.3 not $1,453 :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like this set is just bad, it’s very simple and bland, has pretty much no detail what so ever and uses too many burps.
It does not look like a set at all let alone a UCS set which it usually filled with detail.

2 Likes

I think he means $145.3

7 Likes

Well when I looked at it, I saw a comma, not a period. I still think its a bit much for a lego set though, especially one as blocky and basic looking, as I said prior.

1 Like

This is awesome! I really like the fact that you’ve included Matoran for other tribes, and even you’re own Toa Team. I’d be interested to read about them if you make individual topics.

It’s cool, but it’s very blocky and plain, as others have pointed out, and although you made an effort to include all the tribes and such, I think a smaller diorama of the movie scene would be just fine. This does look like it could be turned into a board game of some sort. And yes, the price seems much to high for what the set is.

despite being frickin HUGE,i feel like the build is kinda boring

@BBricks What is wrong with them?

@Sammythekat First, I want to say I am not an expert in the system pieces.
Second: only because I want to make some custom characters (none of the Matorans are ment to be real characters) because I want to expend a little bit the play value don’t mean I am disqualified! Plus, the TTV Matorans don’t represent Bionicle Characters either! I only want to make a little joke!

I didn’t make the rules.

TTV did.

no non-canon figures are allowed. the matoran are one thing, but what screwed you over was the toa.

6 Likes

For everybody who look at this topic:
I tried to make the Mask of Light arena. I AM NOT A GOOD ARCHITECT, that’s why there is no texture! In the free time, I work ONLY with CCBS and Bionicle pieces. That is why it looks blocky.
Please undersrand me!