Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

to be fair, gali master and onua master were consistently on clearance in target

4 Likes

I actually got a spare Gali on clearance in like February/March 2015.

While this is a very fair point, G3 sets would not just be selling one character each set.
With the TTV running it, more of the sets would probably be creatures or landscapes, and dessert could be one such landscape, making a brown minifigure the perfect fit for that set.

4 Likes

Hmm, yummy, what’s on the menu? /s :wink:

1 Like

Red fire
Blue water
White ice
Green jungle
Yellow …
You say air is hard to represent, but lightning isn’t any easier.
And I’m sure if you asked any kid they’d say gali was a guy, or onua was shadow, any random kid doesn’t know the lore, they just think it looks cool.
If you asked rando what the yellow dudes element was, what would they say?

1 Like

Well considering that yellow is almost synonymous with electricity in pop culture, they’d probably say lightning, or at least electricity.

3 Likes

I mean, usually when people think of electricity/lightning, most people would say yellow.

Can’t speak for most people but I have a clear colour in mind when someone says air. I always think of light blue/grey

Really, because I think of blue personally, outside of Pokemon and Zelda(yellow chu chu’s, even then the actual electricity is usually blue/white/green) I can’t think of anything that uses yellow to represent electricity.

Well, they’re wrong, it’s obvs purple.

#VORIKI4MAINCASTG3

4 Likes

Monster Hunter does a lot, tho it also uses blue a lot too depending on the monster, one even uses green for lightning/electricity (maybe something to think about). So I guess it’s nullified a little as an example

I…

…what?

https://img.clipartfest.com/c09b5aa8ef2c5f11d2f76ad2bf386932_zeus20lighting20bolt-zeus-lightning-bolt-clipart_2100-2400.jpeg

https://img.clipartfox.com/9d40337606e61d3ebb9f27638687f28d_photoshopforumscom-outer-lightning-bolt-clipart-png_1500-1000.png

http://www.villainouslair.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Flash_Logo_01.png

http://www.clipartkid.com/images/646/cartoon-lightning-bolt-clip-art-WUXuVO-clipart.png

Googling lightning bolt brings up millions of pictures like this. Is lightning actually yellow? Obviously not. But the traditional image of a bolt of electricity is yellow.

7 Likes

I’m just gonna quit.
I concede, have your ugly lightning toa.

2 Likes

Personally I think Lightning is actually blue and White, as G1 did it, but that leads to being thought of as ice, in certain instances.
Which is why I made Lightning represented by Yellow and Dark Blue seen here:

(If it’s actually purple, blame it on my very very partial color-blindness)
There’s more where that came from: Brickonicle- My Element Ideas [Characters]

Wait, when was this decided? I’m pretty sure the most common choice is Iron, not The Green.

1 Like

Strangely that doesn’t bother me as much, still not a massive fan but I mean.
Of course then there’s two blue elements, and parents aren’t able to tell similar colors apart.

Nature is clearly the better option in regards to natural elements, I don’t really think iron should get that kind of spotlight.

But how is Nature an element?

I mean, to be fair, neither is Fire/Plasma, Water, Earth, Air, or Ice, but they are all defined as specific substances/masses. How do you define Nature?

Iron is a specific Element. Actually, it would be the only element out of the original 6 to properly be an element.

And so tell me, how is it ‘‘clearly the better option in regards to natural elements?’’

And why shouldn’t iron get some spotlight? What exactly is wrong with the idea?

Just to clarify, I’m not against The Green as returning, I just don’t see your logic for why it makes more sense than iron.

3 Likes

Hopefully the yellow will be vibrant enough on actual sets. Remember, we’re not selling characters here. Plus kids could just refer to the “blue and yellow toa.” I’m sure most parents can at least differentiate yellow.

On the periodic table, sure, actually elemental from a tribal myth standpoint, not at all.

Also should be noted for those who aren’t on patreon/weren’t in the live audience:

Var put forth the idea of earth being more nature oriented and most of the podcast members seem to agree with the idea. Based on that change Eljay put forth that the eath/stone issue is no longer a problem, to which most everyone but Var agreed. Discuss.

What do you mean, “nature-oriented?” Like, he gets plants now? Why? That makes no sense. Dirt equals…plants? How? I mean, they grow in soil, but they’re not part of it. Besides, plant powers have totally different implications and uses than Earth powers. From a conventional standpoint, Earth is about making the ground shake, erecting rock walls, and chucking rocks at peeps. Plantlife is about strangling people with vines, and healing people because, I dunno, magic. If Earth and Plantlife merge, then it’s not really a proper element, now is it?