Brickonicle G3: Official TTV Canon List [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters][Pitch]

Yeah, and the first half of Year one could be more of a mystery “Who are the brotherhood of Makuta?” thing, before they reveal themselves by transforming into the Rahkshi, which has the second half be a more traditional Toa vs. Rahkshi idea.

2 Likes

Not exactly what I was thinking of, if you want to see my idea’s I’d direct you to my topic on them (warning topic is prone to walls of text).

My only problem with that is the island hopping between year one and two. I think it’s important to establish the world the Toa come from before moving on to other places. Like G1 I would have the three year plan all take place on one island, before moving on to others in subsequent years.

Additionally, the concept novel I wrote Bionicle Beginnings features the Rahkshi alongside the Rahi in year one, because the Rahkshi would go on to play a very important role in my three year plan that needed to be set up right away.

The biggest advantage yours has over mine is that my year one is basically a combination of all three of your years,(minus the Bohrok) which would greatly hinder the amount of detail I could go into for each section. But the core idea of the Brotherhood of Makuta is shared between our two visions.

I feel the same, however, I remember the idea being put forth of weekly worldbuilding columns, I felt that a year of weekly columns would be enough to establish the setting.

That’s fair. Either one could work if handled well, i think it really just boils down to the different directions we have for the story.

That’s what it always boils down to in the end…

True.

Says who? Last we were talking, the Village of Earth was on the surface.

1 Like

I don’t like this. I feel like having the village of earth on the surface in a forest would make it feel too much like Le-Koro. I would much rather see it built underground amongst the root system of the forest, I feel it would help really solidify the connection between the earth and the plant life having the village built around the place where plants draw from the earth.

2 Likes

why can the earth village be built under a giant tree which gives it a sort of cave like look to it:

not the best design i could come up with but it will have to do as an example.

I mean, that’s similar to what I was talking about… not really ideal in my opinion, but definitely better than just on the surface.

EDIT: Nevermind, farther inspection of the image shows that it’s exactly what I was talking about just on a smaller scale. I would have this same idea applies to multiple smaller trees rather than one gigundus one.

That’s really what we were thinking of, yes.

5 Likes

Oh, in that case I’m down. It seems like a great way to blend the different flavors of earth as it were, and still holds true to Onu-Koro’s original location.

An idea was tossed around for it just being built into the trees or under the canopy.

2 Likes

Not as big a fan of those ideas, like I said earlier, I feel that it would make it feel too much like Le-Koro in G1.

1 Like

I think being built underground but with the roots of the trees is pretty much ideal, as it allows for all sides of this new earth to show, while still remaining faithful to Onu-Koros origins, but adding something new.

1 Like

Because you’ve been talking about getting rid of Ice, would you be interested in extending Gali’s power to Water, Ice, and Steam?

I like the idea of the earth village under a tree and I had a few thoughts of what we could do with it, perhaps a cave-like entrance beneath a gigantic tree that leads to a massive cavern that has houses nested in the roots/made from the roots. I had the idea that the tree is hollow or at least allows some light down into a central area, for significance or merely lighting and that the back of the cave leads to a mine.

2 Likes

I think onu-koro should be located in an overgrown cave with glowing mushrooms and such. that way you combine the old onu koro with the new earth ideas.

2 Likes

They’ve established that they’re not gonna do that because elements are based around their respective regions, not things found in nature in general. That’s why Stone stays sovereign from Earth; it’s not the “rock” element, it’s the “desert” element.