Brickonicle G3: Official TTV Canon List [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters][Pitch]

I don’t think that he meant to imply that, just that this would be a cool way for some desert nomads, including some raiders, to get around.

2 Likes

They could also have some Le-Matoran mercenaries with them to give their sails a bit more oomph.

4 Likes

Alright, fair enough,
I’d expect po wahi to be the largest region to allow for that,
also, why not have the odd other matoran type in there, the odd ta/le matoran and the like.

2 Likes

-led by Ahkmou.

6 Likes

Personally I prefer the idea of the Toa being awakened with no memory rather than matoran previously living in the cities becoming Toa. I can see why people would like it that way. It makes the toa more personal and have them feel like they actually grow stronger and achieve something rather than;

“oh i was able to easily do this due to my toa powers I didn’t know I had.”

I feel like this can still be achieved with them all starting out as Toa however. They can still be sort of screw ups and maybe not really live up to the legend of the toa at first really having to grow and prove their worth. I also think it would fit the increased focus on the mask of time. The toa and makuta could be sealed in some kind of stasis until the brotherhood of makuta shatter the mask of time.

Maybe the reason they are in stasis in the first place could be because they are just one team of toa to fight makuta in and endless cycle and they were just the first ones to screw up requiring them to be placed in stasis to heal and to stall makuta.

This would allow the idea of different toa/matoran taking up the mantel of the Toa and them being given their powers by elemental gods to stay as well as give them cause for some character development and self doubt. It would also mean they could easily explain some parts of the world and characters or give exposition to kids seeing as they have no memory.

That’s just some of my thoughts on the matter though. Maybe I’m just to attached to G1 and how it handled the toa and the mysterious and legendary nature they held.

2 Likes

These aren’t bad ideas at all, and it bring more focus unto the main plot/quest, but I must disagree somewhat with the premise that we want to make the story more focused and streamlined.

I’d like to make it perfectly clear that I do not think there anything is anything wrong with what you’ve said, it could all work, but it leaves out some of the world-building potential that could be gained from exploring the Toa’s past lives, like they did with the Toa Metru, and that world-building is sort of what we are trying to recapture here.

That being said, your pitch isn’t a bad idea, we might use it for something else in the future, and I’d love to see what else you come up with. :slight_smile:

here is what im thinking of with G3 Makuta (i have even though about commisening three images from Oomatu to show of the idea)

G3 Makuta was originaly a Toa (or some other form of warrior) of Light. He and the toa of his time once tried to stop the Bohrok Swarm from attacking their island only to fail, badly. Makuta ended up being the only one who manadge to escape the swarm and get back to the island. Before he died however he used the last bit of strength he had left to create a large enough illusion to cover the entier island, hoping to buy the Matorans enough time to prepare for the Bohrok swarm when they finely would be able to locate the island behind the illusion. However the illusion worked both ways, thus the matorans could not see the swarm, just as the swarm could not see the island so they then only continued their lives with no worry for when the Bohrok would find them.

When Makuta is brough back to life, he no longer has his light powers, instead the resurrection grants him shadow powers.

Interesting.

I do really like the idea being bandied about that the Bohrok are of sort of travelling cataclysm, whose approach we have signs of, but not enough to warn the characters, a bit like the G1 Visorak.

However, I think that making Makuta’s entire “downfall” revolve around the Bohrok swarm sets them up as bigger villains than him, which I don’t think they have the personality to carry long-term.

because i did not wrinte the hole idea in that post, and if you had read my Bohrok idea which i posted a good number of post above:

It would be clear that i personaly would like it if Makuta was not the big bad of G3. He is still a foe to the Toa, but he is not a 100% villain, like his G1 and G2 counterparts were. He is instead more like an anti-hero, as some have stated before.

I understand, but I disagree because I don’t think any of the characters previously discussed have enough personality to carry the story as a long-term villain.

“Monsters” like the Bohrok and the Visorak are fine for a year or two (and I do really love your idea for Tyrranid-style Bohrok :relaxed:), but long-term villains need to be people.

I’m not saying there be any sympathetic aspects to the villain, or that Makuta has to be the die-hard megalomaniac he was in the early years of G1, but we do need a “big-bad.”

(Edit, forgot to mention that this seems to be why most “dino-hunter” and similar action themes don’t last for a full three years)

for one, this story idea is in mind of the “three year” plans that TTV have talked about, thus the Bohrok would be the final foe the Toa would face off against and the biggest thread so far.

any future big bad would have to be introduced in the fourth year. and i personaly and i think others too, would find it refreshing if Makuta was not used once again as the primary big bad of the theme.

1 Like

We talked about this in the early discussion about the podcast. Among other things, not the least of which was the fact that it had been done twice before, we felt like having them be Matoran made them intrinsically part of the world. It also enabled us to not split things up between twelve protagonist characters (as 2001 did) to have a balance of the story and the worldbuilding.

I think that the iconography of Makuta is him being a mastermind, pulling all of the strings in an imposing manner. When he became all powerful, he lost a lot of that character to me, so I’d like to retain that. I think him being a sort of anti-hero, or a very morally grey player, would be in line with that.

5 Likes

And I agree that the swarm would be a great “finale” for the three-year plan, but incase the project does get “extended,” we should leave something in the story upon which future villain can be based. That doesn’t have to be Makuta, I just don’t feel that anyone has put forwards a better alternative. :confused:

I have to agree with Jon, for me megalomania is an inseparable part of Makuta’s (Terridax’s) character. Whatever form that takes, I’m fine with. :relaxed:

Our plan would be to seed enough clues in the franchise’s run to bring in a future villain, were we to continue.

2 Likes

Speaking o’ which, I should get back to working on my own pitch.
Thanks for the reply good sir. :relaxed:

Hmm. That could be interesting. What kind of clues could be sprinkled throughout, I wonder.

1 Like

So is elemental god Lewa female or the person of the wind tribe who gets the power of spirit Lewa?

3 Likes

I’m not sure if the spirits actually have genders, but the Lewa spirit is male, I think. And the actual Lewa Toa in the story will be female.

1 Like

This is another reason why I’m against the toa spirits being characters in their own right.
Just make ‘toa spirit’ the energy of the toa, let the matoran stay themselves.

3 Likes

or more like a guardian spirit. I also think it would be better if the charracters kept their own identity but inhereted the toa spirits power.