Brickonicle MOC: "Sandstormer"

This is based on @Payinku’s Sandstormer vehicle concept. I really liked the sleek design of it and wanted to try to create an actual model.

Luke Skywalker for scale

Well, it turned out to be more like Snowstormer because i don’t have tan pieces. Just replace white with tan and blue with yellow and you should get better results.

I’m not 100% content with it, the ‘head’ could use some reimagining, and it is more on the brittle side. It’s also more bulky than i would’ve liked.

I am however very happy with the way the claws came out.

Some more different poses

The main function are the six cannons at the end of it’s tail. You can also raise it’s body to allow for more posing, as seen on the pictures. Also the flaps on the sides can be (and in the pictures, are) lowered for extra stability.

Please forgive the color inconsistency, especially on technic parts…

29 Likes

well if it wasn’t white and blue and instead brown or other rock like colours I could see the sand element, but I think the scorpion motif makes up for the non looking sand element, nice job!

3 Likes

Looks like something you would see from Chima :+1:

1 Like

Not bad. I think the concept was conveyed nicely, as was the scorpion motif.

1 Like

I’m impressed, not exactly the design I was intending, but I’m glad to see it is totally possible to translate it to an actual set.

If I may give improvements, the claws aren’t really what I had intended, as my design used a uniter blade and had mounted stud shooters, these claws aren’t bad mind, I just have creators bias.

All that said, this is nice, I especially love the tail design.

Tbh, I intend for kopaka to have a sibling vehicle to the sandstormer(because they’re bros) based on a wolf, you’re claw design’s most likely getting stolen modified for that, and I’m inclined to call it the snowstormer now as well.

2 Likes

Thanks ^^ I had to make some adjustments to counter the limits of my mocing skills…

I also had to improvise while building the claws, because i don’t have anything suitable for the claws in the concept, and i also don’t have those shooters that you can attach to bricks. But i’ll keep it in mind if i were to ever make a v2

By all means :wink:

Is that vehicle dabbing?

I would suggest adding an additional color to this moc, but still a unique model despite it being a replication.