Brickonicle "Sets" Discussion

We can incorporate this post for technology later down the line.

1 Like

Long Version

Since Matoran would advance at a different rate and in different fields to humans, it would be safe to say that they could potentially go from Mata Nui to Metru Nui within the span of 10 years.

The Matoran haven’t really had too much motivation to advance, since they’ve relied mainly on their elemental power and environment in order to survive, as well as not having very many wars to force their hand (with some exceptions). Since they’ve adapted to their environment, they wouldn’t need to focus on their housing (maybe a basic structure with some insulation). If light stones are a thing (according to Motara concept art), they could just use those for light and render electricity and torchlight obsolete.

Considering the massive tech research boost that would occur during the Civil War (Matoran inventing new ways to kill each other) and the Matoran’s natural ability to manipulate the elements, their advancement would be at a much quicker rate than mankind’s rate. Considering how quickly mankind has advanced in 100 years alone, I’d say the Matoran (with their enhanced power and tech boost) could possibly go from a tribal/medieval era to a renaissance/industrial revolution era between Year 2 and Year 3, with the end of Year 3 resulting in tech reminiscent of the 1910s.

However, there is one rogue element not being taken into consideration: Nuparu (if Nuparu is ever made canon in G3). Nuparu (made female for reasons) would be the pioneer of technological innovation and invention. Being the Thomas Edison/Nikola Tesla of her time, she would have essentially already invented advanced machines, which would cause her to be banished from her Tiroan home. Long story short, her accomplishments would be recognized during and after the Civil War, and she would become the Great Builder of Matoran history.

Short Version

In Year 2, they’d develop vehicles of war. Between Years 2 and 3, they’d improve on the designs. In Year 3, they could develop a highly-tuned transport system between regions (as a means of efficiently transporting raw materials en masse to build better cities), acting as a precursor to the chutes of Metru Nui. All of this would be powered by elemental energy (since it’s the easy way of explaining power) or possibly charged light stones.

2 Likes

I would like if the sets would be like in Nexo Knights and Ninjago, this mean with a lot of cool vehicles, mechs, locations, etc. I would also like the idea of multiple vehicles of thing for the Toas like, in a set Lewa have a jungle motorcycle like thing, and in another from the same wave or year he have a little thing or a glider.

1 Like

I really want to see more community made sets.

5 Likes

I would be on board with this idea. Sometimes I lose direction while building and have to leave it until I have thought it over for awhile; working with other people could keep ideas flowing by bouncing them off each other and getting feedback.

2 Likes

A new topic called The Hydruka Crisis by @Toa_Vladin has some material that could be good for the Civil War period.

2 Likes

A possible Rahkshi base I made a few days ago. The color scheme looks like Turahk (It is), But all of the Rahkshi with more than 2 legs would look something like this.

Here’s it next to a minifig.
And here’s Panrahk, who uses a similar design.
So anyway, that’s it for the base, see ya!
~Levva

Is this Off-Topic? Idk.

1 Like

I like your designs but I am not sure those would work. The connection between the torso and legs connector would be to weak.
Additionally, these pieces will never be made in transparent unfortunately due to the flexibility these parts require (this can easily be fixed by recoloring them).

Finally, I personally think they may need to look more like or even be minifigures. I could see your designs being used for Vahki down the line though.

1 Like

Honestly, I think the legs are more suited for Visorak (if they were ever added to G3).

1 Like

I could see that. I just thought of the Vahki because they stand upright as well as crawl around.

After I took the pictures, I modified the design to use two of these.

I Know.

I actually didn’t know about G3 Vahki until Very recently. I can see them being used too, but it would only work when they would by crawling on all fours.

That works pretty well as Visorak are four legged. Nice Idea!

~Levva

1 Like

Here is a concept set I made a while back. It follows more of the structure type of sets but I did try to incorporate play features in it. Tahu vs. Tuhrahk [MOC] [CONCEPT] [WORLDBUILDING]

8 Likes

Is this what you have in mind for the full set, or is this just as a demonstration. Because so far, I like it as much as I did the first time I saw it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. And like I said in the topic I think this is what a cheaper ($20-$25) structure set might look like

2 Likes

I could see that. Is this just part of the environment or is that archway part of some ruins?

1 Like

I kinda don’t really know for sure😂 I think I could some ruins. Under the lava fall is a piece of the mask of time and I don’t think TTV has settled on a setting for the pieces yet so I just took some creative liberties

2 Likes

I did see this when you first posted it and felt then as I do now, this is exactly how I would personally want the sets to look like. It captures scenery to give it that sense of world building and a conflict that utilizes the environment with functions to really capture one’s imagination. These elements make it a perfect set in my book.:+1:

2 Likes

I’m going to be brutally honest, It looks incredibly underwhelming, it looks bland and the structure looks like something from a $10 set stretched out to cost 20.

The $20 price point is the perfect place for a vehicle/rahi set, this should either be shrunken to $10 or expanded upon to $30, with a more visually interesting structure.

5 Likes

Well, new molds and intricate printing would definitely subtract from how many pieces you can put in a set, so I think the suggested price seems reasonable.

More than one set can have a $20 price point. I could see it being expanded/reworked into a $30 set but $10 seems a little ridiculous when considering the points above.

2 Likes

Which is equally true for every wave of every theme, I’m not complaining about the parts count though, my problem is the parts usage resulting in a flat bland structure that could easily be streamlined into a $10 set while keeping both gimmicks and the figures.

For the parts count? Perhaps, for what you get? I’d say $15 would be pushing it.

I was referring to the best price and parts counts, a small $10 structure can be forgiven if it’s somewhat lacking because of the price, a $30 set has the parts count to very easily create an exceptional structure that feels worth the cost, a $20 structure is too expensive to be excused if lacking yet doesn’t have the parts count to achieve something truly great, whereas the parts count of a $20 set can easily create a completely acceptable or even exceptional vehicle.

The only exception to this rule in recent memory has been the recent Ninjago city chase from the movie line, which makes the exception because it is three small builds sold together to create a scenario, one of which is a vehicle.

3 Likes