Brickonicle "Sets" Discussion

A possible Rahkshi base I made a few days ago. The color scheme looks like Turahk (It is), But all of the Rahkshi with more than 2 legs would look something like this.

Here’s it next to a minifig.
And here’s Panrahk, who uses a similar design.
So anyway, that’s it for the base, see ya!
~Levva

Is this Off-Topic? Idk.

1 Like

I like your designs but I am not sure those would work. The connection between the torso and legs connector would be to weak.
Additionally, these pieces will never be made in transparent unfortunately due to the flexibility these parts require (this can easily be fixed by recoloring them).

Finally, I personally think they may need to look more like or even be minifigures. I could see your designs being used for Vahki down the line though.

1 Like

Honestly, I think the legs are more suited for Visorak (if they were ever added to G3).

1 Like

I could see that. I just thought of the Vahki because they stand upright as well as crawl around.

After I took the pictures, I modified the design to use two of these.

I Know.

I actually didn’t know about G3 Vahki until Very recently. I can see them being used too, but it would only work when they would by crawling on all fours.

That works pretty well as Visorak are four legged. Nice Idea!

~Levva

1 Like

Here is a concept set I made a while back. It follows more of the structure type of sets but I did try to incorporate play features in it. Tahu vs. Tuhrahk [MOC] [CONCEPT] [WORLDBUILDING]

8 Likes

Is this what you have in mind for the full set, or is this just as a demonstration. Because so far, I like it as much as I did the first time I saw it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. And like I said in the topic I think this is what a cheaper ($20-$25) structure set might look like

2 Likes

I could see that. Is this just part of the environment or is that archway part of some ruins?

1 Like

I kinda don’t really know for sure😂 I think I could some ruins. Under the lava fall is a piece of the mask of time and I don’t think TTV has settled on a setting for the pieces yet so I just took some creative liberties

2 Likes

I did see this when you first posted it and felt then as I do now, this is exactly how I would personally want the sets to look like. It captures scenery to give it that sense of world building and a conflict that utilizes the environment with functions to really capture one’s imagination. These elements make it a perfect set in my book.:+1:

2 Likes

I’m going to be brutally honest, It looks incredibly underwhelming, it looks bland and the structure looks like something from a $10 set stretched out to cost 20.

The $20 price point is the perfect place for a vehicle/rahi set, this should either be shrunken to $10 or expanded upon to $30, with a more visually interesting structure.

5 Likes

Well, new molds and intricate printing would definitely subtract from how many pieces you can put in a set, so I think the suggested price seems reasonable.

More than one set can have a $20 price point. I could see it being expanded/reworked into a $30 set but $10 seems a little ridiculous when considering the points above.

2 Likes

Which is equally true for every wave of every theme, I’m not complaining about the parts count though, my problem is the parts usage resulting in a flat bland structure that could easily be streamlined into a $10 set while keeping both gimmicks and the figures.

For the parts count? Perhaps, for what you get? I’d say $15 would be pushing it.

I was referring to the best price and parts counts, a small $10 structure can be forgiven if it’s somewhat lacking because of the price, a $30 set has the parts count to very easily create an exceptional structure that feels worth the cost, a $20 structure is too expensive to be excused if lacking yet doesn’t have the parts count to achieve something truly great, whereas the parts count of a $20 set can easily create a completely acceptable or even exceptional vehicle.

The only exception to this rule in recent memory has been the recent Ninjago city chase from the movie line, which makes the exception because it is three small builds sold together to create a scenario, one of which is a vehicle.

3 Likes

I would like to remind you @Payinku this is a concept set and could be tweaked before being a finished set. Small details could be added and some of the blockiness could be rounded out.

Yes every theme gets these but the level of detail the TTV cast wants the Toa to have is almost the quality of any of the most elaborate minifigures made and that’s just for printing. They also get a unique mask mold, dual molded arms/legs, and possibly a weapon as well. Then there is the Rahkshi molds for the head and spine pieces. (Is making them have all this that practical? Probably not, but that is what the TTV cast has as cannon right now)
I personally believe this would heavily affect the amount of pieces you can still include in a set.

I personally believe with a little polishing, this would be a $20 set but I could see it as is for $15.

[quote=“Payinku, post:53, topic:39030”]
I was referring to the best price and parts counts, a small $10 structure can be forgiven if it’s somewhat lacking because of the price, a $30 set has the parts count to very easily create an exceptional structure that feels worth the cost, a $20 structure is too expensive to be excused if lacking yet doesn’t have the parts count to achieve something truly great, whereas the parts count of a $20 set can easily create a completely acceptable or even exceptional vehicle.
[/quote]I see what you are saying and think that putting it in the $30 range makes more sense for a location based set as well. So if it was enlarged with more detail and features, would you feel better about it?

So maybe in addition to a little polishing, we could add a Rahi?

2 Likes

@Payinku I see what your saying there, and do agree it needs a lot of polishing before being considered a $20 location set.
@RAKRONDEWL thanks, and yeah a tahu might help.

2 Likes

I just had an idea that would be pretty cool. What if… the matoran/toa… are the balls? :joy: have painted gears on there backs?

They could also be a separate piece.

I don’t really know where this post should go.

3 Likes

If it was cheap enough you could pull it off with 3 already existing pieces,
the right angle piece with a stud on the side,
the newer stud with a rod,
and the half bushing wide gear.

I can’t be bothered to search for the parts myself, but if someone else wants to try it out feel free.

2 Likes

I like the idea of there being gear like designs printed on their backs.
@Oomatu has had the same idea and already used it in his art.

I have also tried to implement the idea into making Magafig Makuta.

Great minds think alike.

While it was a good idea, the gear seems to protrude to far from the back and makes them look a little too much like Tron.

5 Likes

The gears could be printed.

3 Likes