Brickonicle: The Legend Begins

Brickonicle: The Legend Begins

Please note: This is not affiliated with TTV’s Brickonicle project, this is just my work to recreate characters from Bionicle in minifigure form.

In the time before time, on the mysterious island of Mata Nui, six canisters washed ashore on a golden beach and new and powerful legends were born. Introducing Brickonicle: The legend begins.

A few things to note, yes Pohatu doesn’t have his kicky shoe boots, that’s because when I was designing the Toa’s custom parts, they didn’t scale well to minifigure 1x1 feet so I decided they looked better without. When I get to the individual Toa renders, Pohatu will have a rock he can kick around. Secondly, I know Gali’s mask is a bit clear, this is a thing with the render software, her mask in stud io is the official colour as it appeared in the set.

With that out of the way I hope you all like what I’ve done, I’ve tried to pose them as accurately as the '01 images. Comments and criticism are welcome as always!

30 Likes

This looks great.

It really captures the spirit of Bionicle.

1 Like

Smiled when I noticed that Pohatu’s torso print was upside-down, aha. Nice attention to detail.

2 Likes

I think you should submit this project to the new LEGO World Builder platform. I know you probably made it just for fun, but still, there is no harm in trying to submit it there.

2 Likes

I always liked the idea of brickonicle but I don’t like these prints that much, I see that you wanted to be faithfull to the sets but they don’t fit on the minifigure body. Maybe just change the proportions of the pieces in the prints so they fit better

2 Likes

@tahtorak @LegoDavid @Toa-of-Snow Thanks!

@GX_05 The torso printing was my biggest issue when making these guys due to the proportions of the minifigure vs the print, I just went with this as I saw it as the best option but I don’t think it can look accurate and proportional at the same time. Just a matter of my preference though.

1 Like

Oh yeah Bionicle minifigures!

Great job

1 Like