Must… make… the best… sword… EVARRRR
The eternal and undying need to add Red yellow
The missing part rage/monologue… YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
Ignores clocks
Ignores life
Overly attached to custom weapons… saves all of them

well, I think that’s all of them… XD

4 Likes

I always have a basic idea… then it is completely changed by the end. Also when I complete a moc, I leave for at least an hour to go do something else (which may be building another moc) then come back and look it over again. Works wonders

1 Like

I build the figure by instructions the first time and with duplicates don’t care. Then for some reason put the left arm and leg on first. I also talk to myself as I express either the love or hate I have for a piece.

2 Likes

If I’m building a System set, I actually pay very close attention to the direction of the little LEGO logo on each stud to make sure I get as many as possible facing in the right direction, and with things like 1X1 cones, I need to have the inside axle lined up with the axis it’s on or it drives me nuts.

Oh and on MOCing, I just about have OCD when it comes to color sets. It literally doesn’t matter if a part is completely covered from every possible angle, if it doesn’t match the color set it drives me crazy.

4 Likes

^^^^^

Check for spare parts. Anybody who’s built 10144 knows why.

1 Like

that’s totaly me xD

1 Like

I took this one step further; if I had a system set, all the LEGO logos on the studs had to face the same way if possible.

9 Likes

Staves are pretty much the only weapons I’ll make…

I get nervous when putting axes and pins into other places when building a set because I’m scared that the pins might break or the plastic might cave in.

1 Like

I personally find that it’s more of a problem when I’m trying to remove half-pin-half-axle pieces from where they’ve already been attached, especially the tan ones. I don’t know what it is about those ones in particular, but about half of mine are squished from me having to remove them with my teeth, and them not being strong enough to take it.

Speaking of which, hands up who has never used their teeth on Lego? Come on, be honest.

1 Like

I do thank you very much.

1 Like

Try using a small technic piece, and pull on it with one hole. Pulling it up but towards you for more friction. You’ll be able to lift it up eventually and then you can use your nails or the back of a new brick seperator to push it up. I had the same problem with old Vahki torsos trying to make the combo model.

1 Like

And here I was thinking I was being so clever, asking something I thought wasn’t possible…

In all seriousness though Mage (may I call you Mage?), I might have to give that a try. I know I’ve tried it before and it hasn’t seemed to work, but maybe I just wasn’t persistent enough if it takes a while to show results.

No problem, all you need to do is lift it a little until you can fit something under it. I’ve got it pretty down, but it takes a little practice.

######Also anybody can call me by any word in my name, I prefer Gizmo, but most people call me Red Mage.

1 Like

I keep all my system and technic in bins, which makes it very hard to find pieces. So most of the time I’m sitting on the floor rustling through hundreds of parts. Also, it one gets stuck, I’ll use my teeth to pick it out.

2 Likes

I use teeth more often then my fingers when taking out axles/pins out of tough places :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

don’t eat the pieces (I do it too ;p)

I also make the slits in the pins are vertical so make a coherent look.

1 Like

I have alot of habits while building.

First off, I need at lest three Brick Separators with me; Two Orange, One Green. Just in case I have a nasty pin to deal with, I bring a two inch long Axle Piece. Then, I take down a set from the theme so I could look at it as I’m building. I also like to layout my pieces via bag number, not type of piece, like most people do. I always have something LEGO related to listen to while building; it really puts you into a certain feeling while building. I also do everything the instructions tell me to do. I might modify a set later, like the Daily Bugle set which I transformed into a Generic Skyscraper, but I try to keep it itself for a while. I could go on, but I think I’ve said enough for now.

2 Likes