Buying in Bricklink abroad

I want to start buying some pieces in Bricklink but there aren’t many stores in my country (Chile only have 4) and none have any piece that I’m interest on. I’m not looking some extrange pieces, but BIONICLE pieces like liftarms, ball sockets, etc. If I find Kanohi even better, but it’s not my priority.

The closest stores that have a good amount of pieces are in Brazil, so I want to ask, do you buy pieces abroad? How much do you buy so the shipping cost worth it?

I’ve bought pieces from many places. I’m based in the US and I’ve bought pieces from Russia, Finland, Denmark, Germany, England, Brazil (where you’re looking), and several others. I typically buy them based on cost or bulk ordering, since plenty of stores State side didn’t have all the parts I needed and buying a bunch of mini-carts was not cost effective. Shipping will be more expensive from out of country places, so if you have a small order imagine the shipping will likely be double that.

However, do be very careful of where you’re ordering parts from currently. Because of the pandemic, shipping costs from European and Asian regions have increased significantly. They’ve got shipping limits that now require them to mail using more expensive rates. So definitely look into the shipping policy of the stores. Since you’re looking at same continent, I don’t think it should be that bad, but I also haven’t looked at any of the stores down there recently.

Edit: Oh right, how many so it’s worth it. That depends more on budget than the value of pieces. If you don’t have the budget to afford extra pieces plus the shipping, then it doesn’t matter. But otherwise, better to play by how you feel. Everyone has difference tolerance levels on spending and I’ve never quite had a consistency on it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I guess that the shipping cost is almost the same if you buy 1 or 50 pieces from a store.

How much usually is the shipping cost when you buy abroad? I understand that depend of how far it is, but does it also depend from the store?

It should give you each store’s shipping charges for all areas on their splash page or terms page.

Usually that is shown in the “Shipping Terms” section of each Bricklink store page. You should probably look there.

But what is a normal shipping price? In one store I find they charge like $8 for less than 100 g (0,22 lb) and in others the shipping starts from $30.

There is no “normal” shipping price. Each seller charges a different price, depending on a lot of factors. The best thing you can do is look at a bunch of different stores that have what you need, and then compare the shipping prices. After that, just choose the store that you think is most suitable for you.

1 Like