Bygone Heroine

“So that’s it?! One day, the Great Spirit just…”

“DECIDES you’ve done enough for the universe, and that you should just retire to some sleepy village on the coast?!”

“Well fine, but you better believe I’ll still be playing Toa there.”

A decrepit Turaga of Psionics who’s glory days are long past her. Despite her stature and strength, she still insists on playing the hero to her village. She makes use of multiple Kanohi affiliated with her element to fill the gaps of her lost powers.

More Photos:
Brickshelf Gallery
Flickr

Just a fun little MOC from early last year that I’m only just getting around to posting. Had a ton of fun decorating her head. This build did have me wishing we got more CCBS parts in medium blue though. Had fun with her character convictions too.

Constructive criticism welcome!

44 Likes

Love the lore on this one, and it really reflects it in the build. The cloth work is great, and those legs are neat.

8 Likes

I love how spindly she looks, plus the backstory is really neat

6 Likes

ah wow
this looks really great!
i love the torso build and the legs and arms are also great

4 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad it translated well with the build! Legs were me trying something new, but they seem to look okay overall here so I’m content.

I’m glad the spindly came across so evidently, the backstory was fun to work with for sure!

Appreciate it! I usually don’t build with waist articulation in mind, so the torso was a bit finicky to put together the way I wanted to, but it came out decent enough I feel.

4 Likes

Fairly nice, the build looks fitting for an old character, the little amount of gold is fitting with the lost power bit. The cloth looks pretty cool too.

5 Likes

I’m happy you noticed the minimal use of gold! Holding back on using it and medium blue while making sure I used more dark bluish gray was supposed to symbolize just that, so I’m glad it came across as such.

5 Likes

Really love the design of this one, the cape looks especially good

4 Likes

Thank you! Getting the cloth work to look right around the waist was kind of annoying, still not sure I love how it turned out but it’s better than some of the previous attempts I had.

4 Likes