Can Marendar harm Non-Toa Beings?

Marendar is basically the Terminator.

I think it’s a no-brainer that he’s, physically, more than capable of harming or killing any of the characters we know.

That being said, unlike the Terminator, I don’t think Marendar would kill everything in his path. His objective is only to eliminate Toa. As such, I don’t think it’s possible to reason with him, but I also don’t think “hiding” behind a wall of Agori would do it either.

I agree with @SirKeksalot in that:

I find it likely that Marendar is not above fighting other MU inhabitants that try and protect the Toa, and if Agori or Glatorian got in his way I don’t think he’d use lethal force.

Let’s be honest, Marendar could probably just walk through a bunch of Agori with ease anyways.

Something important to note is that we’ve already seen something like this. The Bohrok, also mechanical beings with a sole function, completely ignored everything unless something got in their way. I imagine Marendar would be quite similar.

3 Likes

Marendar is basically the Terminator.

@Jathru_Cranli did say he would sound like 80s Scwarzenegger.

I think it’s a no-brainer that he’s, physically, more than capable of harming or killing any of the characters we know.

It might be the 10+ years of hype and imagination. But I too wished he could become an character cabable of challenging Matoran universes strongest and win.

Something important to note is that we’ve already seen something like this. The Bohrok, also mechanical beings with a sole function, completely ignored everything unless something got in their way. I imagine Marendar would be quite similar.

As pointed before, unlike the Bohrok and Baterra, Marendar is biomechanical and sapient. I too imagine he is very obsessed in his work though. A shattering could be hapening again and he still would search Toa through the chaos.

2 Likes

Wait, why would Spherus Magna blow up again right after Mata Nui rebuilt it?

It was a hypothetical situation to show Marendar’s dedication. Kind of like when people say “the world could be ending, and he would still be doing his job”.

4 Likes

Understood.:+1:
I misread the wording.

Great. Now only thing we must worry is why @TheJerminator thinks the world could be ending…

1 Like

I imagine Marendar feeling compelled to hunt down Toa, just as Toa feel compelled to follow the Toa-code, and just as Toa can ignore the Toa-code with sufficient force of will I think Marendar could resist it’s programming.

I don’t think Marendar would needlessly harm non-Toa, but Marendar is a sapient biomechanical being, a “living weapon” therefore I think it would have an instinct of survival, so if a non-Toa being, such as a Glatorian, Baterra, Vortixx, or Makuta were to attack Marendar I think it would defend itself with lethal force if necessary, possibly even judging the attacking being to be a sufficient threat and pursuing them to the death as it would a Toa.

5 Likes