I don’t know how many people here have heard the news, but recently Ben Cossy, a youtuber who for the last 15 years has been pretty much the face of the Bionicle MOC Building community, has announced that he will be quitting Youtube and work for LEGO as a designer. While I was a bit sad that a person who had been such a great inspiration and encouragement to me would be no longer doing Youtube, I also couldn’t help but be excited by the fact that a person who has spent half of his own life keeping Bionicle MOC building alive will himself be working as a designer at LEGO.
With him, there are now I think close to 10, if not more, designers currently working at LEGO who are Bionicle fans. I have asked this questions as part of different topics before but never made a topic dedciated to it, so I will do it now: Do you guys think that the increasing prevelence of Bionicle fans working as LEGO designers will eventually result in some kind of Bionicle revival?
If the Bionicle fans were just a small minority within the company, one would be fair in thinking that their influence would probably not be that great… but if at any given point, they became a sizable minority or even the majority within a particualr department at LEGO, wouldn’t that eventually force LEGO to give Bionicle another shot?
I know that there are a lot of things that I am probably missing when it comes to this, so I would love to hear all of you guys’ thoughts on this.


