Captain Marvel 2- The Marvels

It’ll be interesting even though I have no hope for anyone but Spider-Man; they’re already wanting to replace black panther with his sister.

2 Likes

I like Shuri about five times as much as T’Challa, so this is good news to me

Whether you like her or not he had basically 1 1/2 movies before they replaced him if it’s true. It just feels like a waste that she wasn’t black panther to begin with.

Oh, yeah, that’s completely true. I just don’t mind the change personally, even though I understand many probably will, if this actually happens.

Oh yes.

That… character.

Joy of joys.

2 Likes

I just hope we get a movie that isn’t your basic superhero origin. maybe something genuinely controversial, to warrant the butthurt reaction from overly sensitive fansboys this time

1 Like

as if the first one wasn’t controversial

It really wasn’t, at least not warranting of any serious controversy.

1 Like

Define “serious controversy”.
If the fanbase being deeply split on it, along with hundreds of low reviews, a general fatigue for this characters, and the crew behind the movie defending themselves by calling the ones who disliked the movie who knows what then I don’t know what it is.
Captain Marvel was by far the most controversial movie in the MCU, making very deep and violent waves in the water, most of them being for the worse. There are so many hundreds of reviewers on youtube that brought up facts that made the movie objectively worse in their eyes, while there still being people defending it for whatever reason. If splitting the fandom to such a level with your very first instalment isn’t controversial, nothing is. They’ve literally hit almost every point.

Yep. Even ignoring Brie Larson as the terrible person she is the movie itself was boring. Forget captain marvel; we want goose. Make goose the new leader of the avengers; give goose his own movie.
In short; replace captain marvel and all future plans with a cat. Goose is such a better character.

The sheer ferocity of the backlash was kind of unwarranted really. Like, yeah, Captain Marvel is kind of a meathead in the movie sometimes (okay, a lot of the time, and I totally called her mentor dude ending up the villain somehow by the end for actually calling her out on her flaws). I wouldn’t say I like her as a character, but most of the worst material was left on the cutting room floor. At the end of the day it was kind of just a run of the mill, tired origin story. Made slightly more bearable with the inclusion of Fury. Maybe that’s just me though.

2 Likes

Basically the only reason to see it was everyone else except the main character. Sounds about right.

I trurly believe that Fury was the best part.

Him and goose. Best marvel couple.

Goose was… Eh. I still can’t digest that one joke.

Still you have to admit without goose nick fury wouldn’t have been near as good in the movie. He’s a cool character but his normal serious character would not have fully worked as s semi main without the cat breaks.

Uhm…
In this movie Nick was a laid-back good cop that tried to teach Carol to let go of things. He had more serious moments, but nowhere near as serios as all of his past incarnations till that point.

1 Like

Still she was basically a worse version of that character. It’s like nick fury and spiderman; opposites attract. In this case without a distraction like goose it’s kinda just two serious people doing serious things; some laughs still but it was funnier seeing him act out of character just for his cat.

his entire character in this movie was out of character for what we knew about him up to that point but oh well

All I want is more Talos. He was easily my favorite part of the first movie and one of my favorite parts in Far From Home, and I just want more.