Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

Apparently this has been an idea for six years now.

And now it’s an actual thing:

Discuss and such.

11 Likes

I wondered how long it would take before the idea was fully achieved. I read the heck out of these books in elementary school.

4 Likes

I loved these books when I was younger, so I was a bit skeptical of this movie. But after watching the trailer, I decided to see this when it goes to a second-run theater. It still could be bad because of the concept of the books, but I’m still excited.

1 Like

Why do George and Herold sound like grown adult, they’re suppose to be in 4th grade right?

6 Likes

this actually looks like it has potential

2 Likes

YES! YES! YES! XD! Bwhahahahah!

2 Likes

I don’t know how to feel about this. They could’ve made a very hungry catapillar movie.

1 Like

Huh. This actually doesn’t seem horrendous.

Well, it looks better than Boss Baby at least :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As someone who enjoyed reading the books in elementary school, I highly anticipated the day an actual Captain Underpants movie would be made. I’ve since grown interested in other things, but it’s still nice to see this finally achieved. I’m a bit mixed on certain choices made; namely the choice of actors for George and Harold, but Ed Helms works well for Captain Underpants.

The animation is great, but being a fan of this series since the early 2000’s (aka my elementary school days) I’m gonna be a bit skeptical.

• George and Harold being voiced by adults is a “no” for me. Honestly, why can’t they get kids? It feels so awkward when they sound like adults.
  • Mr. Krupp sounds fine, I guess, but definitely different than how I imagined him as a kid. I always thought his voice sounded like the stereotypical boss voice. Captain Underpants’ is great though.
  • The art style is definitely respected here. The characters look the way they should.
  • I have this fear that there’s gonna be dumb modern songs sneaking their way into this. If so, I’ll be very disappointed.
  • Why is the hypno-ring actually magic? It was supposed to be a stupid toy they got that managed to actually work, but I feel the imagery goes over the top.
  • I hope the humor is actually really good here. Seeing Captain Underpants get hit by a car was hilarious. I hope the rest of the film is on par with this.

Are Marvin and Poopypants gonna work together? It honestly looks that way. Actually, it looks like the Turbo Toilet is gonna be one of Poopypants’ inventions as well.

Also there better be a freaking reference to Flip-O-Ramas because those were the best part.

5 Likes

Yeah, I have this really prominent memory of loving these books ~10 years ago. The trailer looks passable, but I doubt that it’ll bring anything too special to the table.

Finally, after years of waiting, my childhood dream has become a reality!

(Now to reread those books…)

2 Likes

This looks freaking stupid.

2 Likes

…?

Care to explain why?

Is it ok that I am loving this?

What?

That’s kinda the point. Lol.

2 Likes

Both the idea and the look of the main character are really stupid to me. Maybe its’s because I never read the books, but there’s just nothing in this whole concept or trailer that makes me want to go see it. I just can’t see it as anything more than stupid.

oh god

you really should

then come back and tell me how you feel abut the trailer