Cataclysm OOC

How so? I’m only asking out of curiosity and interest in your thoughts on this.

Long story short, she’s confused because she thinks there are too many details to be kept track of.

But understanding the lore is not required to participate in the RP and enjoy it. All you need to understand is who the villains are, what the current goal of the heroes are and the immediate task at hand. All that players really need to do are give their characters’ reactions to events that are transpiring.

And just because all my RPs are in one universe, you don’t need to read all of them to know what happened in these RPs. Past events do not really matter in the context of your character.

No stupid aliens, no pointless cults, no random zombies, no multiverse. Just a simple, grounded story. Heros vs big bad with a couple of turns. I get maybe an alt world or whatever but who besides mctoran wanted some giant multiverse with almost 20 confusing rps?

2 Likes

The players who willingly played them, and were the ones who kept coming back to play in almost every one of my RPs. They arguably had a larger hand in the development of this universe than I did.
As a matter of fact, most of those players are in this very same RP too.

But, as the GM, you have a responsibility to make the game fun and interesting for the folks playing it.

@Khalsa721

Okay, I think can see the logic here.

I always take time to explain things that players are confused about. I never want anyone to feel out of the loop.

But if @Khalsa721 won’t give me a place to start with explaining things and answering questions she may have, I can’t help her.

But did all of them need to be connected? Was there any reason why an alt universe like dark reflection couldn’t have just stayed its own little thing? Why whitegate couldn’t just be self contained as one story?

Also the more you try to explain xenophobes or this multiverse the more confusing it becomes; just look at your timeline.

1 Like

Those are good questions to ask.

With all due respect, Mctoran, why did you decide to try and make things into a single continuous story?

1 Like

Because other players, on their own free will, have chosen to connect their own characters and lore between my RPs.

And I have very specific plans in mind when I decide the concepts and plots of these RPs, each one of them riding off each-other.

But did people, specifically, ask or say they were interested in such a continuous story?

I’m not trying to cause trouble, I’m just curious what things folks have complaints about and what thoughts they have regarding them.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s fairly obvious I’m no expert but I think we can all agree that there is no reason a rp universe should get so complicated you need a seperate wiki.

I originally intended Arena Battle, my first RP here and my first RP ever, to just be a simple one-off. And it originally had a much simpler concept than what actually happened. It was just supposed to be exactly as described on the signup topic.

But as the RP progressed, so too did my ideas for its story evolve. I decided to create a conspiracy and include a shocking plot twist at the end of the RP. But I still intended for this to be a one-off.

Then when Majestic League’s signups were released, I decided that I wanted to continue the story of my characters from Arena Battle and further develop them. But I didnt really intend for the two RPs to be connected.

When I Unexpectedly became the GM of Majestic League, I had now assumed full creative control. And I decided that I in fact did want to connect this RP to Arena Battle. And it was only natural, since 3 of Arena Battle’s PCs besides my own had also returned for this RP as well.

And in addition, I had begun to develop the idea for a more direct sequel to the Arena Battle RP. So I decided to link the end of Majestic League to the beginning of this new RP, “Death Race”. Abd some of the Majestic League characters(Hydron and Sadie) had come along as well.

At the same time, I had also been running The Last Resistance RPs, which originally were only semi-Canon to my other RPs and not meant to be crucial to my main stories.

I had originally intended to return Death Race’s party all back to earth at the end of Majestic League’s sequel, “Majestic League VOL 2”. However due to internal conflict the RP had been canceled.
So I decided to make a last-minute improvisation and start my own originally-created Superhero RO series: 2059.
And what’s more, was that some of Majestic League’s players had also returned with their Majestic League chatacters too, and eventually nearly all of Majestic League’s players had returned.

It was at this point that I finally had a clear vision of what I wanted to do with my RPs and what direction I wanted to take. And that was to make one large interconnected universe with spinoff RPs that took place in various different time periods.

And 2059’s sequel, 2059: The Incasion, was the one RP that finally officially cemented my Universe as being a universe.

And well, the rest is history.

TL;DR it basically just happened on its own.

I don’t think they explicitly did, but I did clarify in the RPs’ signups that they were part of a larger universe as well as what point on the timeline they took place.
And the fact that the same players almost always returned, and that they had reoccurring characters of their own and that they were willing to work with me showed that they were interested and invested in my concept.

Okay, here comes a wall of text:

You had creative freedom but the desire to connect a story with another is natural for writers but sometimes it isn’t the best course of action; it depends on how it’s handled.

Everyone has characters they like to use, just look at my use of Blaze, Firestorm and Seraphicon. I rejoined those RPs and played these characters because I wanted to still use them or I wanted to try to develop them into characters.

Not to sound rude but this sounds like it wasn’t planned out very well. When making stuff into a series, writers usually try to maintain continuity and make things transition from story to story in a manner that feels natural and this takes a lot of planning and thought.

Again, people wanted to play the games and develop their characters more to some level whether it is due to them being a favorite (Like how Runa always has a character called “Runa” in some way but they are, usually, separate characters) or they just want to try making the character if they weren’t able to use them much or want to try something new.

Overall, I believe in the idea that an RP’s story is a sort of give and take between GM and Players in that they each react to what the others do.

In D&D gameplay goes as follows: The GM describes a scenario, the players say what they do and the GM says the result. The result being balanced by the skill/ability/stat points of the characters in tandem with dice rolls so that things aren’t constant successes or constant failures.

Sorry if any of that sounded rude; please feel free to ask me questions regarding anything I said here and I would be more than happy to discuss it.

I should have clarified this earlier, but all the players did in fact plan to continue their returning characters’ stories which were started in Majestic League. The events of that RP are referenced numerous times in the 2059 RPs, even in separate interactions between the players of two characters from Majestic League.
So this was something they were all aware of, and this was purposeful.

Let me bring up some examples:

Oh hi me

1 Like

Wow, a lot of posts.

I’m just going to point out we have no right to complain about overly complex multiverse, being parts of the Bionicle community and all. /s (not sarcasm, just can’t get the right emoji to show up.)

2 Likes

I just got tired of trying to redo endgame over and over again.

1 Like

It was technically purified before he did the thing.
It would be harder to make non-purified water from the method.

It’s more Dr. X showing his ability to control and manipulate Xalnergy without any devices like how Xano needs one to do the same with Ignotium energy.