CHANGE! Gettaaaa One!

Hello once again. Decided to post a little- Wait, no. this guy ain’t little. He’s like, 10-12 inches.
Anyways, Brought to you by the Getter Rays of LEGO System, I present Getter One!

Yea, this guy ain’t small.
Also, he isn’t truly Getter One without his…
GETTA TOMAHAOOOOOOOWK!

yea, two, one for each hand. Didn’t take too many pics of him before I scrapped him for another moc, but I did get one action pic of him:

15 Likes

I’m going to guess that this is based on some mecha.

The MoC reminds me of Transformer’s G1 designs. I think it’s better to aim for a sleeker style, because I think there’s more potential for complexity in that aim, but I’d still say this is a good MoC. Nice work.

1 Like

It’s based off the 90’s rendition of a 70’s mecha, @ToaSonus :
http://www.hobbyshop2go.com/shop/products/common/upload/2016/02/27/hobbyshop2go-Man-No-Medicom-Toy-VCD-Getter-One-Universal-Trinity-1-922fbec1-1691-4b80-824a-0b934b939b69.jpg

2 Likes

Oh, this is really groovy.

I wish it didn’t have that many exposed studs… But what ya going to do about that, Am I right?

2 Likes

Yea, I have very few smooth plates to cover up things.

Besides, these, along with a selfie, are the only pics I took before I scrapped it, because I only have so many joints.

1 Like

This is a really nice use of system! It is a very nice MOC with effective custom builds. It has a very vibrant and consistent color scheme with some nice accents. I really enjoy the aesthetic of the MOC, giving a Gundam look, with works nice with LEGO.

1 Like

I do like system mocs, but have you tried going with curved/smoother pieces in my opinion I think it would make it 10x better

1 Like

Did I accidentally go back in time to 1986?

(A really nice looking classic build. Great job!)

@Darth_trevan, I do not too many curved pieces, or any smooth plate parts.
@MaskmakerOfLight, thanks!
@CarumSarene, No, ya went back to the 70’s, and then forward to the 90’s.

1 Like

Oh okay. XD

If only bionicle was around in the 70’s/,80’s

3 Likes