Channel Frederator's 107 Bionicle Facts

I didn’t make this but it’s actually pretty cool that Channel Frederator made a video on Bionicle. I was at first worried that they’d mess up pretty bad and we’d get some people in the comments being like ‘Oh now I am best Bionicle fan! My favorite toes are Tohing!’ but the facts are pretty accurate. Maybe they’ll do Ninjago next? I hope they don’t butcher that or the elitist fans show up on it if they do, do that. Anyways what do you guys think of the video? And I’m not sure if we are allowed to post other peoples videos unless we credit them but if we aren’t, I apologize mods. Do whatever you want with this.

19 Likes

I’m sad that they didn’t do this earlier…you know…WHEN BIONICLE WAS STILL ALIVE. That would’ve garnered some more attention no matter how small. I’m seeing so many guys in the comments who vividly remember Bionicle from their childhood but didn’t even know it came back

That said, the vid itself is very well done and well researched; presenting facts that even I didn’t know (a few are questionable though, not even found in bs01…)

7 Likes

I think nostalgia for the 00s is finally kicking in. If Lego was ever going to bring Bionicle back they better do it before it dies down.

Also I’d like to point out that Bionicle won the best advertising campaign. Gee where kind of advertising now? :angry:

6 Likes

Shoutout to how a few of the facts are wrong.

5 Likes

I actually saw this a a little while ago. The whole “Matorand don’t have ears” thing was actually pretty surprising.

Like what?

1 Like

They said the Mask of Creation was the Mask of Life or something.

4 Likes

“New York Comic Con 2015”

“The Journey to One launched in February 2016”

this

8 Likes

They also mentioned the whole “Love isn’t canon” thing and suggested that maybe Greg was trying to avoid putting reproduction in a children’s story… even though Agori reproduce biologically.

They actually didn’t mention Agori once in the whole video.

4 Likes

Oh yeah and that’s another thing. Only the Matoran Universe inhabitants don’t feel any kind of romantic love because they don’t need it. The Spherus Magna people however do.

2 Likes

inb4 Love isn’t canon debate.

2 Likes

Yeah, in the video, the guy said that matoran don’t reproduce, but that they can feel romance. So, Love is Canon Confirmed?
In all seriousness, they messed stuff up, but I’m thrilled to bits that they made this. ChannelFrederator did not need to reach the niche LEGO audience, so I appreciate its choice to do so.

4 Likes

I was surprised how well they pronounced the words, seem like they actually know a decent amount of stuff about the series.

6 Likes

Same, it was surprising to hear someone from a non-Bionicle channel being fairly fluent with the subject matter.

3 Likes

Not bad. Besides a couple discrepancies, this was pretty well done for a non BIONICLE channel.

3 Likes

I thought it was a very interesting video, I think for people who aren’t to familiar to the theme, it is a great info dump, however, for us more versed fans, most of the stuff, we already knew. But we already predicted that from the start didn’t we?

2 Likes

They talked way too much about the first three years toys and not about interesting facts behind the movies, games, merchandise, or heck not even mentioning the Makuta controversy at its fullest.

2 Likes

I think Lego should have waited a few year to make G2 because it seems like people are having Nostalgia over Bonkles.

3 Likes

Nope, Bionicle was ready for a G2 regardless of this video. The execution was horrible.

I didn’t know about the whole matoran don’t have ears thing.

1 Like

Hm, interesting stuff here, albeit I knew most of it but still.