Characters That Could Lift Thor's Hammer

Heh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though, to be fair, Mata Nui showed genuine regret for neglecting his people, and went to some serious extremes to redeem himself. The fact that Captain America was able to slightly move Mjlonir in AOU, and then actually wield it in Endgame, proves that some people can at least become worthy.

3 Likes

Does purity really measure one’s worth to lift the hammer? Thor is a very flawed individual, yet remains able to lift it. Why is that? I think it is a matter of heart or intent rather than flaws.

i’m quite sure he was holding back as not to upstage thor

1 Like

I think a lot of this really depends on if mjolnir cares about willingness to kill for the greater good or not. If it doesnt, honestly a ton of bionicle characters are morally righteous enough to have a chance, like all of you have mentioned. If Mjolnir does require being willing to kill, then the list is much smaller. I’m not sure even Matoro would qualify were that the case. Of the toa mata, I could ALMOST see 2010 era Tahu being worthy. He’s quite like Thor in that he’s hot headed but really noble, and working on controlling his brash tendencies. He also has enough edge that he may be willing to kill someone if he has no other choice.

3 Likes

does superman kill? i’m quite sure he lifted the hammer once. although, i do also remember there being some special circumstances in that case.

1 Like

Whenua or Vakama?

@Sabretooth if thats the case, then tuyet would be worthy

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

I think being a good person is still pretty important as well though, Tuyet kinda sucked if I recall correctly

2 Likes

could toa ignika lift the hammer?
all he wanted was to be a hero.

2 Likes

What about Iruini? I see nothing major wrong with him. OR Varian, she actually sacrificed herself for Norik whereas Iruini actively sought revenge on roodaka.

1 Like

Umbra maybe? Since he has no inner shadow, kind of like how Vision could lift it as a “pure soul.” Umbra is brutal but principled and believes what he does is necessary.

In general, purity of spirit is difficult because characters are rarely perfect, they are flawed like real people (which makes them more interesting and relatable). Matoro would be an obvious choice though, how he had zero fear of dying because of his unwavering compassion for others.

3 Likes

Thor.

3 Likes

Doubtful.

3 Likes

Ghid is BASED?
Lmao jokes aside, its VERY possible.

1 Like

solek alrady has the form of solekimu and john solek.
if he were to gain another form…
the world would surely end.

EDIT:

ya question’s solved

3 Likes

Sorry I had to reply to you again: my previous reply got removed.

But yes, Superman did kill Zod in Man Of Steel.

1 Like

toa lhikan was pure but from what i know. i am not exactly sure.

also matanui

2 Likes

Could Kapura lift the hammer?

2 Likes

kapura with super speed and thor’s hammer would probably be a being capable of ending the world.

2 Likes

somebody should look into this

3 Likes

I’d actually respectfully disagree about Mata Nui. I think his previous flaws- he got too distracted by the wonder of the outside universe, that he neglected to pay attention to his inner universe that he was supposed to be protecting- would prevent him from lifting it, until he truly redeemed himself.

1 Like