Chronicles of Doma Nui Ep. 1: The Awaking

Hello guys!
This is a collaboration between me and @SonicBionicleMaster based on his characters. Enjoy!

It’s been 300 years since Mata Nui, our beloved protector, defeated the evil Teridax, the spirit of destruction and the leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta. With just two years before the great battle, the Brotherhood was formed from almost 100 different Makutas, working together to create Rahi, or helping Teridax in his plans. However, every single Makuta was killed, including Teridax. All of them, excluding Makuta Magna: a Makuta that always trusted Teridax. After his former leader died, Magna sworn to bring him back from the deaths.

Magna arrived on a city called Doma Nui. Doma Nui was a beautiful city, and it had its own Toa Team too: the Toa Beke. Its leader was a Toa of Air, called Cypress. The Team also had a young rookie: Toa Jolt, Toa of Lighting. He was admiring the rest of the Team, and he was proud to be part of it.
The Team also fought with alongside the Toa Mahri and the other Toa from the Matoran Universe with the forces of Teridax. Magna recognized them from the battle field. He was hating the Toa of any kind, so he decided to kill the Toa Beke and to rule the city, and expand an empire, like Teridax did a long time ago.

Magna was a very powerful Makuta, he killed 3 out of six Toa Beke. Then he killed Cypress’ love interest in front of him. Cypress and Bolt were the only Toa remained.

Jolt was hurt, and wanted to stop the fight, he wanted to return to the good old years of pace. Makuta Magna was in front of him, ready to kill him, like the others, when Cypress jumped on Magna’s back. Cypress couldn’t suffer the idea of being the last Toa from his team, so he protected the hurt Jolt.

A formidable fight happened in that night. Cypress was fighting with a fury so big, that Bolt could see sparks in his eyes. In the end, Magna gave up. He ran away, and nobody ever saw him again.
Some say that he is dead.
Some say that he will return.
Matoran: But Turaga Cypress! What do you think?

The story you heard before was told by Turaga Cypress to the young Matorans of the city of Doma Nui. After the battle with Magna, Cypress became a Turaga. Jolt grew up, and now he was the protector Toa of the city. He was listening Cypress too, remembering the old days when the others were alive.
Cypress: I? Well, Lya, I don’t know what happened to Makuta Magna. Maybe he died in the Pohitan Desert. Maybe he is still alive. One thing is for sure: if he returns, we will have Jolt to protect us.

Jolt smiled. The kids looked at him like at a hero.
Jolt: OK, kids! Is time for you to go home!

The young Matorans left the room. Cypress sighed.
Cypress: Or at least I hope so.
Bolt: Come on, Cypress! I can fight Magna now. If he shows up, I would defeat him quite easily.
Cypress: Maybe, maybe not. I used all my powers then….
Jolt: Yes, but…
Cypress: And you are still untrained!
Jolt: Cypress…
Cypress: You need a team.

Jolt: I don’t need other Toa to do my job!
Cypress: Do you think this is why I had a team? To do my job?
Jolt: Listen, Cypress. For now, is peace. Except for those lunatics, the Skull Gang, nothing bad is happening. If I will ever need a Team, I will find it at the right moment.
Cypress sighed again.
Cypress: Very well, Bolt.

About the Skull Gang: they were a group of bad Matorans, who were thinking that if they would do bad things, then Makuta would transform them into Shadow Toa. Their names were Shino, Iga, Flare and Breaker. The leader was Flare, a Ta-Matoran. Iga was a Ga-Matoran, Shino was an Onu-Matoran and Breaker was a Po-Matoran. They were a group of freaks, saying that they are the “Mafia of Doma Nui”, but most of the times they were just annoying Bolt.
But this time, this was serious.
They were in the Forbidden Caves, a place where Turaga Cypress closed for the regular Matorans. This was why the Skull Gang entered in it.
Flare: Come on, boys!
Iga: Can you tell me again why we are here?
Flare: Isn’t it obvious? Turaga Cypress closed this caves to the public, this mean that something is hiding here!
Shino: Something, but what?
Flare: I don’t know, dirt brain! This is what I try to discover!
Shino: Sorry boss.
Breaker: Wait! Guys! What’s that?
And he pointed to a large and weird construction. It was looking like a metallic cocoon, surrounded by different cables and things like that. On it there were different symbols and small drawings.
Flare: We found it!
Shino: But what is it?
Flare: I… Don’t know… Iga! You are our expert when it comes of odd symbols! Can you read them?
Iga: Let me try…

Iga approached by the capsule and put her hand on it.
Iga: I can read only two words: Makuta Magna!
Shino and Breaker: Makuta Magna?!
Flare: Makuta Magna! That’s it! Magna lies in that cocoon!
Iga: How can you be so sure?
Flare: Simple! He disappeared for so long! Why? He was hiding here, waiting for somebody to free him in the future, when he will be more powerful!
Shino: Are you sure about that?
Flare: Of course I am! Now open it!
Shino: I… Don’t want…
Flare: DO IT!
Shino: OK, OK! I’ll do it…
Shino hit the capsule with his sword. Nothing happened.
Shino: See?
Flare: Breaker, Iga! Help him! Now!
Both Breaker and Iga started to force the capsule to open. Shino did the same. In the end, the capsule opened, and then a huge figure exit from it: Makuta Magna.

Magna: Agh… Where am I? When am I?
Flare: It worked!

Magna: You! Ta-Matoran! Tell me when I am! Who are you?
Flare: Of course, my Lord! I am Flare, she is Iga, and they are Shino and Breaker. We are the Skull Gang! The Mafia of Doma Nui, and…
Magna: DOMA NUI?! That city still exists? I hided myself here, expecting that when I will wake up, Doma Nui will be just a legend! Who rules it now?
Flare: Tu—Turaga Cypress, my Lord.
Magna: Cypress… He is a Turaga?
Flare: Yes my lord!
Magna: And who protects this city now?
Flare: Toa Jolt, my Lord!
Magna: The rookie? I remember him. He couldn’t even watch me! He is just a scared boy! This is my chance! I will kill Jolt, and I will take over the city, and then I will make my own empire!

The four Matorans seemed to be scared. Magna was looking very intimidating.
Flare: But… But my Lord?
Magna turned to him. His face was pretty close by Flare’s mask.
Magna: What?
Flare: W-What about us?
Magna (laughing): You? You will help me! Now help me find the city! Is time to create the Makutan Empire!

Hope you liked it!

2 Likes

Great job

1 Like

Great job for you too.

1 Like

Though you could still change bolt to jolt.

1 Like

Done.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

This may be a little late but there is one thing I am confused about. If the cave belongs to Tirana cypress then how did manga hide himself there?

We would reveal it later.

3 Likes

this is great! good job, I can’t wait to see more…
maybe try some speech bubbles? that way people can keep track of who exactly is speaking… a simple photo editor will help!

Dude… We abandoned this project a long time ago…

1 Like

:frowning:
oh.

1 Like

Yeah… Sorry about that…

1 Like

oh well. it looks good!

1 Like