Citizens of the The Sandscape

That is a perfect use of Galidor parts.

3 Likes

Gracias señior

I’m trying to weasel through all my Galidor parts a little at a time, and I think it helps me to think a little outside the box

2 Likes

Apocrypha is a Shepherd-class Mechno; the first of her kind, in fact. A long time ago, she was Archon, fabricated to serve as a liason and diplomat between the Machine World and the international community.

Archontans are a general, non-scientific class of lifeform; any sapient organic humanoid fits this label. As these were the most common races among civilization, WorldMind generated the Shepherd-class in their image, hoping the subspecies would lead the Mechno people into peaceful relationships with the outsiders. Archon was named for this role, an effort to further secure the trust of neighboring nations.

After Archon attempted to transform the Machine World into a conquering nation, WorldMind retagged the failed Mechno as Apocrypha, banishing her and her small following into the White Desert to the north.

The last time Apocrypha landed on the international radar, she and her forces had attempted to conquer the Dead World to the east. The only thing that has ever instantly united the skeleton tribes, however, is an immediate threat to their collective freedom and survival, so the Robot-Skeleton War was brief and, for Apocrypha, embarrassing.

She and her remaining followers retreated back into the White Desert, and have not been heard from since.

Here, Apocrypha stands beside a ThoughtNode, one of millions throughout the Machine World. These devices each hold a small portion of WorldMind’s consciousness, allowing it to monitor and influence the synthetic environment almost instantaneously, as needed.

The five Mechno classes I’ve made so far, from left to right:

Apocrypha (Shepherd-class), Buddy (Vision-class), WorldMind (Spirit-class), Jecta (Tinker-class), and Dader (Stanchion-class).

5 Likes

Ooh neat! I like how Apocrypha is like a very mechanical version of Roodaka (at least the head design slightly resembles a Vortixx).

2 Likes

She really is reminiscent of Roodaka isn’t she? Unintentional but I’m happy to run with it. Roodaka has long been one of my favorite sets and I’ll gladly emulate her

3 Likes