Cliff Drake - Rahi MOC

@RaggedClaws

To be honest, I thought of adding fabric or something to the wings, but it’s extremely hard to do that without being able to make some custom cloth pieces. So I figured it would have to do this way.

I’m glad you like it!

1 Like

Seems like something that could actually fit in the canon… Too bad it’s 12 years late for the Rahi contest… :confused:

For the scale, it looks cool! I wish more people would do this kind of stuff, instead of making giants, the more giants we have, the more we start to question how crammed the MU actually is…

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m still a little sad that at the time of the Rahi contest I wasn’t even able to give a MOC something resembling a colour scheme…

I think when I learned about it from a Lego magazine I actually tried to build a Rahi, though… but I never actually participated.

Cool. Reminds of Spyro a bit. I like the contrast between the green and orange.

1 Like

This has gotta be one of the best dragon mocs I’ve ever seen! Great work.
99999/10

1 Like

This is awesome! You did a really good job on the head, I never would have thought of doing that.

2 Likes

I really like the way you did the feet. :smiley:

1 Like

Very early G1 me like!

3 Likes

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I appreciate the Rahi guide-style bio.

3 Likes

Really adorable little design you’ve got here. I like what you’ve done with the backstory, too. Makes me feel pretty nostalgic for the days when we had such worldbuilding.

Not a fan of the random dark green on the back legs, though. That’s about the only major complain I’ve got.

2 Likes

This really is a great moc. Maybe you could give instructions?

1 Like

@Ekorak

Yeah, that dark green is a little out of place, but well, the alternative would have been using grey, so dark green really was the best option. Glad you like the MOC!

@MaximusPrime

Thanks! I’ll see if I can get it done within the next few days…

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I am in love with this, there is just something of it that really reminds me of bionicle’s first three years, I can visualize this in a more MNOG-ish style, kudos to you gentleman-go

1 Like

This thing is too precious. Please never take it apart

1 Like

Just did it today to make take pics for a building instruction. Then I reassembled it. I’m really glad that I took the time to build this MOC also in LDD :wink:

2 Likes

You should submit it to lego ideas.

1 Like

Nice of you to propose that, but I doubt it would stand any chance - despite how much I and apparently many others like this MOC. Also this MOC likely uses some parts that aren’t produced anymore…

I uploaded a building instruction so people can build the Cliff Drake if they want to.

Also Lego Ideas is a great concept and all, but I don’t want Lego to sell stuff, I want people from the Bionicle community to look at MOCs like this and get nostalgic and/or interested to grab for their parts themselves. Because nothing beats the great feeling that you created something new and awesome yourself and people of the community you share it with appreciate it. How could thousands who might not even know what Bionicle is and do not even know who designed the set they just bought compete with that?

2 Likes

This looks exactly like a 2001 Rahi! Great job dude. You really captured the ascetic.

2 Likes

So I decided to read the bio, and aside from being very well made, just like everything else about this moc, it also makes it soooo cute!

1 Like