Clifford The Big Red Dog live-action movie

So CTBRD the PBS show is getting a live-action. Recently there was a little teaser for the movie, coming 2021 and before that a leak of some Burgerking toys got released. What do you guys think of it?

2 Likes

…is this show even still going? It’s about the last thing I’d expect to get a live-action movie adaptation, but I guess that’s the modern movie industry for ya.

3 Likes

Yes indeed.

I have very little hope for it. Even when I was like 6 or 7, I remember finding the show really cringe and annoying. I doubt the live-action would be much different.

2 Likes

As I said elsewhere, this possibly means we’ll get one of two futures if this does well. The bad future where Caillou gets a live-action theatrical movie or an interesting future where Cyberchase gets one.

4 Likes

Really cringe? Don’t get why you think that but whatever.

That would be nightmare. :joy:

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like

This is the dumbest idea I’ve heard all week.

3 Likes

Seriously? How is that even gonna work?

I mean, I could see it working as a TV show… but a movie?

Go read the plot summary for the movie.

What can I say? It’s a show for kids - not kids in the sense of 13 or up, like this site, but like, little kids. As in 6 and 7 year olds.

True.

man I can’t wait for the live action Dragon

4 Likes

No kill that thing with fire! :hushed:

shut up you don’t even know :triumph:

Dragon was epic Clifford was lame

3 Likes

You justed dropped the mic. :microphone:

Ok guys, hear me out; a live action Curious George film-adaptation.

3 Likes

That’s a interesting idea actually. :thinking:

This is certainly a discussion that’s been had before, but I have to ask: why live-action? What do we get out of the realistic style that makes it an interesting adaptation of the original material?

4 Likes

It’s probably because people wonder what a certain thing would look like in live-action.

especially when the original material wasn’t that interesting in the first place

Wondering about aesthetic doesn’t justify making a full movie.

2 Likes